daniepps
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

You and I......Stevie Wonder.

#292 jennaLynn544

jennaLynn544
    • 81 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Okay, so I've made some accomplishments in terms of music choices within the last 24 hours...

I would like to have "Brighter Than Sunshine" (by Aqualung) playing while our guests get to their seats & just have FI get himself up into position during the same song. I really wanted the whole song to play because the song was MADE for us :) Completely describes how we ended up together & our relationship. We don't have a wedding party & only 15 guests, so in my mind this 4 min. song should work & then my song can start. What do you ladies think??

I have decided that I am dead-set on walking down to "Julia" by The Beatles but just an acoustic version without vocals. Does anyone have any advice on where I can get my hands on this? I have only heard acoustic covers of the song on YouTube videos, but obviously I will need the music on my iPod or burned to disk.
      I absolutely LOVE my life & ADORE my little family :)

#293 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
      • 194 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Here are some songs I love!! Not necessarily to walk down, but ceremony ideas for y'all:

U2- Beautiful Day
        Stevie Wonder - Always
        Marvin Gaye - Your All I Need
        Ray LaMontagne - You are the Best Thing
        Jack Johnson - Better Together
        Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
        Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
        UB 40 - I Got You Babe
        Air on a G String
        John Legend - Stay With You
        Michael Buble - Everything
        Pachelbel - Canon in D
        Robin Thicke - Angel
        Sade - By Your Side
        David Guetta / Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

#294 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
        • 194 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by allyson779
          We are doing Yellow by Coldplay (Piano version).... we bought it from this website:
          Listen Free to Piano Music Samples Wedding Music Samples. Steve Siu Piano Music
          This is one of my favorite songs ever... great choice!!

#295 kelly1214

kelly1214
          • 92 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

Either the theme song from Meet Joe Black (beautiful!) or "Love never fails you" by Brandon Heath

#296 YIweddings

YIweddings
            • 173 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

Maybe silly. I plan weddings so I need something completely different.
              I'm thinking I would like the guests to hum 'here comes the bride'. I want them to participate, it's funny and it should keep me from crying.
              Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#297 Emmers

Emmers
              • 178 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D
                I think we're going to use "Falling Slowly" from the movie "Once".. I've asked my brother to play it on an acoustic guitar for when I walk down the aisle.. I think it'll be beautiful.. :-)

Great idea! Love this one, too. I love the Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel as well, but Falling Slowly is certainly original. And I like to think that I knew about it before it made it big, whether or not it's true. I just know I had been listening to it since Once came out and the next thing I know, they win an Oscar for it and they're big news. Heehee. We already planned on having Falling Slowly during dancing at the reception, but since you suggested walking down the aisle to it, I think I'll be considering that instead!

#298 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jennaLynn544
                  Okay, so I've made some accomplishments in terms of music choices within the last 24 hours...

I would like to have "Brighter Than Sunshine" (by Aqualung) playing while our guests get to their seats & just have FI get himself up into position during the same song. I really wanted the whole song to play because the song was MADE for us :) Completely describes how we ended up together & our relationship. We don't have a wedding party & only 15 guests, so in my mind this 4 min. song should work & then my song can start. What do you ladies think??

I have decided that I am dead-set on walking down to "Julia" by The Beatles but just an acoustic version without vocals. Does anyone have any advice on where I can get my hands on this? I have only heard acoustic covers of the song on YouTube videos, but obviously I will need the music on my iPod or burned to disk.
                  My bridal party is walking down the aisle to Brighter than Sunshine & I'm walking down the aisle to "Something" by the Beatles!!! My MOH said last night to me, no joke, "You should change your name to Julias so you could walk down the aisle to that"

I thought my choices were totally unique but we definitely have the same taste!

#299 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by YIweddings
                    Maybe silly. I plan weddings so I need something completely different.
                    I'm thinking I would like the guests to hum 'here comes the bride'. I want them to participate, it's funny and it should keep me from crying.
                    What a great idea!! Very cute :)

#300 nbills511

nbills511
                    • 164 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

I think I am going to walk down the aisle to Pachebel Canon D on the steel drums too...I would like to have a live steel drum player....but I don't know how much that is and if it will fit into the budget yet!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users