What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#21 Banana11

• VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by kevsgirl
    I already wrote that I was thinking of "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel... it's because one of my altime favorite movies is Say Anything, with John Cusack.
    I'm wondring though if it may be too '80s? I love Peter Gabriel. Also, it doesn't really hold the same meaning for FI.
    It was hard for us to come up with something that held meaning for both of us. We have such different taste in music. We both love The Beatles so I guess that made it a bit easier. Our pre-ceremony music will be all Beatles love songs too. I don't think In Your Eyes is too 80s! It's a beautiful song!

#22 thephotogirl

• 158 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Here are some of songs that have been used at the weddings I have been to:

The Prayer - Celine Dion and Andre Bocelli
      Me and You - Kenny Chesney
      When You Say Nothing at All - Allision Krauss
      You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
      Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

You can listen to them all on Youtube. Good luck!

#23 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

We used Israel Kamakawiwo - Somewhere Over the Rainbow. We all walked down to this - by we I mean the minister, best man, DH, MOH and then me and my dad.

#24 ultimateme143

• 70 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Michael Buble - You and I

It makes me cry everytime I hear it. I'm just nervous about loosing it as I walk down. Should be interesting.

#25 Angela139

• 455 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

Ultimate, that's our wedding song as well!!! I LOVE it. I get tearry too! (although not as much anymore, since I've literally listened to it over 100 times! lol) I think it's a perfect choice, but then I'm biased...

#26 MexiBride

• 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:20 AM

For those of you that said you liked Peter Gabriel, how about "The Book of Love"? That's what I'm walking down the aisle to. It's the song from the movie Shall We Dance. If you haven't heard it, I'm telling ya'll, it's the perfect song! Check it out and see what you think.

#27 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

I'm using an instrumental version of Only Time by Enya. I love that song so much! For after we get married, we're having Beautiful Day by U2. It just seems to fitting!

#28 edssbride09

• 233 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

I am going with Brian Adams "I'll always be right there". Everything about it is perfect for us! Not sure what the BMs will walk down to before that... something instrumental likely... and then we will walk back up the isle to Jason Mraz "i'm yours". Though I chose that song before it started playing on the radio and now I hear it all the time, so it may not work by the time april rolls around! So it may end up being Beautiful Day by U2 or something!

#29 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

I'm walking down the aisle to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong (played by a pianist); such a pretty song. :)

#30 JamaicaBride2009

• 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

Wow! I guess it is time for me to start thinking about this as well. THanks for sharing all of your great ideas. Gotta go... I have some listening on youtube waiting for me :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users