What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#111 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

I have no idea what I am going to use but I have a long list started that I keep adding too! I have been using this website and it is pretty great if anyone else needs some inspriation!

Wedding Songs, Wedding Music, First Dance Wedding Song, Popular Wedding Songs | WeddingWire

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#112 verh0016

• 110 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Wow, so much good stuff on here!!!

I have just started to think about music. A few I am thinking about walking down the aisle to:

Joshua Radin - Brand New Day
      Rascal Flatts - Every Day
      Adele - Make you feel my love
      Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where we Belong
      Ray LaMontangue - You are the best thing

I also want my first dance with my bridal party to be to September by Earth, Wind & Fire or She's some kind of wonderful by Grand Funk Railroad.

The new Mrs. Selden

#113 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

I think I'm doing to splice together Aerosmith's " Don't want to miss a thing" and "Jeax D'eaux" from Cirque Du Soleil. Aerosmith is very Mike and Cirque is very me. Funny enough they kinda fit togehter well....go figure!

#114 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Sorry ...my fingers don't work well without coffee. It's Jeux D'eaux !

#115 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

I want to thank you all girls for all the amazing ideas in this thread ! I spent like 5 hours yesterday night listening to all your musics on YouTube and discovered some jewels that I had never heard before !! When DH came back home I had him listen to everything and he was loving it all ! So thanks to you my WHOLE ceremony music is now set !

Last song for guests sitting :
            Somewhere over the rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - YouTube - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole 'IZ' ~ Somewhere over the Rainbow HQ

Groom and bridal party entrance :
            You're so cool, Hans Zimmer - YouTube - True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer

My entrance :
            At last, Etta James (I cried when I listened to it yesterday... hope I don't on the big day ! I have to listen to it a lot to get used to it ) YouTube - Etta James / At Last

Sand ceremony : I'm yours, Jason Mraz - YouTube - I'm Yours Jason Mraz [Official Music Video]

Recession : Better together, Jack Johnson - but the latin remix version done with Buena Vista Social Club, from the album Rhythms del Mundo Cuba (same album that also has this awesome latin version of Clocks from Coldplay) You can listen to this version here : YouTube - Jack Johnson & Buena Vista Social Club - Better Together

Again thank you, really, this was sooooo helpful :)

#116 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

The only song we're sure of so far is my entrance. He's still vetoing songs for his and the bridal party. lol

My entrance: Angels by Robin Thicke. I do cry when I listen to it, mostly because FH says that before we met he had prayed that God would send him an angel (sob). The lyrics are seriously perfect for us. Robin Thicke-Angels (AOL Sessions) - AOL Video

edit: I stand corrected. I have been informed that we DO indeed have the bridal party/groom entrance song. It's Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder. Looks like I'll be cryin' from start to finish. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zO2-kIqsGL4 The lyrics are perfect. My eldest brother passed away years ago, and he not only LOOKED like Stevie Wonder but sang almost as well. This always reminds me of him. It's beautiful.

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#117 Nisi39

• 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by YoursTruly
                I am walking down the Aisle to "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. After all, isn't it abbout ME in that Moment??!!!!
                Click the image to open in full size.Without a DOUBT it's about you at that moment if none other!

#118 Nisi39

• 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

I thought I had it easy by not having a wedding party... I hadn't even given any thought to what I'd walk down the aisle to... Now I've got something else to add to my to-do list! Thanks for the suggestions!

#119 sjfreimark

• 81 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I love this post. Everyone has great song choices!! So here's a silly questions. I want my wedding party to walk down the isle to Somewhere over the Rainbow and then I want to walk down the isle to better together by Jack Johnson. So my question is.....how do you make a smooth transition from one song to the other when your using your IPOD?

#120 sjfreimark

• 81 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I meant to say, I love this thread!! OOPS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users