Jump to content
reevesbride

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

Recommended Posts

I have been trying to figure out a song that will be meaningful to both myself and FI...we finally found it!!!! sooo excited to be walking down the isle to...

Enya - Now We Are Free (the theme from the Gladiator)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyteira View Post
one i like that i don't think has been mentioned yet - "Free" by the Zac Brown Band.
We love this song too! We're actually using part of the lyrics in some of our stationary (newsletters, menu, etc.) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 View Post
We love this song too! We're actually using part of the lyrics in some of our stationary (newsletters, menu, etc.) :)
I love that song. I don't like how it breaks in the middle though and keeps saying "no we don't have a lot of money" they say it too many times, I feel like i just can't see us slow dancing to it. Don't get me wrong it is true lol but I don't want to be reminded!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
I love that song. I don't like how it breaks in the middle though and keeps saying "no we don't have a lot of money" they say it too many times, I feel like i just can't see us slow dancing to it. Don't get me wrong it is true lol but I don't want to be reminded!! lol
Haha! I agree - maybe some of the guests will get subliminally get the message :) We'll definitely be out of money by the time the wedding is over!

Our first pick was Jack Johnson "Better Together," but my other half REALLY likes "Free" - I guess I'll let him pick something :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours is an amazing song called "Everything Love Is" by Amy Sky. She is a Canadian singer - it is a beautiful song. It willmake you cry.

(Also, our signing song is called "I'll be the One" - another amazing Canadian singer called Alfie Zappacosta- beautiful song - another tear jerker)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls,

 

This is what im doing!!

 

I'm Yours -Jason Mraz (guests walk down and groom)

Sunshine on my shoulders - Carly Rae Jepsen (bridesmaids and groomsmen and flower girl and ring bearer walk down)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo (bride walks down the aisle)

Better Together- by Jack Johnson (Bride and groom married and walk down as a married couple)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ops i meant this :)

 

I'm Yours -Jason Mraz (guests walk down and groom)

Better Together- by Jack Johnson(guests walk down and groom)

Sunshine on my shoulders - Carly Rae Jepsen (bridesmaids and groomsmen and flower girl and ring bearer walk down)

Better Together- by Jack Johnson

Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo (bride walks down the aisle)

Lucky- Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat (Bride and groom married and walk down as a married couple)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooohhh... So many fantastic songs! Choosing is so hard, I still haven't made up my mind! At the moment I'm thinking of Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder as I don't really want anything too lovey-dovey. It just makes me want to dance (possibly not the best thing when I'm supposed to be walking sedately down the aisle)!

 

EDIT - just suggested this to my FI who thinks this would work best walking back down the aisle after the ceremony, when it really is signed, sealed and delivered. Oh well... back to the drawing board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabs View Post
Oooohhh... So many fantastic songs! Choosing is so hard, I still haven't made up my mind! At the moment I'm thinking of Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder as I don't really want anything too lovey-dovey. It just makes me want to dance (possibly not the best thing when I'm supposed to be walking sedately down the aisle)!

EDIT - just suggested this to my FI who thinks this would work best walking back down the aisle after the ceremony, when it really is signed, sealed and delivered. Oh well... back to the drawing board!
We're going to have Signed Sealed Delivered playing whilst signing the registry! That's the only song I am decided on at the moment.
Oh that and Amazed by Lonestar for our first dance.
Really need some ceremony music inspiration though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×