reevesbride

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

The parents & bridesmaids are going to walk down the aisle to I'm Yours by Jason Mraz and I chose the traditional Canon in D for my dad and me.

And then we are coming back up the aisle to the mariachi band! I'm excited about that. I want them to start playing as soon as we are officially married!

I was thinking of walking down to my parents wedding song, Annie's Song by John Denver. I originally was going to have them dance to the song at our reception, but my mom passed away this past August. I still want the song to be played and thought it would be perfect to walk down the aisle to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishgirlinNY View Post
I was thinking of walking down to my parents wedding song, Annie's Song by John Denver. I originally was going to have them dance to the song at our reception, but my mom passed away this past August. I still want the song to be played and thought it would be perfect to walk down the aisle to.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, I almost lost my dad this past winter I can sort of relate. Again I am so sorry. I think that it would very nice. She would for sure like that!

Quote:
That is so thoughtful - I think it's a great idea, there won't be a dry eye for sure...that is so sad to hear about your mom. I got teary eyed just hearing that sad.gif

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I think that walking down the aisle to your parents' wedding song is such a wonderful idea. It will be perfect.

Quick Question, how are you ladies having this music played at the ceramony? I have not even thought of music. Are you bringing a Mp3 player with the songs loaded and speakers? The resort offers a band that will play but i was also hopiing to walk down the isle to something more traditional. Also, I would like to have a frist dance etc, and wondering if we will just take on music side of things because I dont think the resort does anything like that. any info would be great :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniferLynn View Post
Quick Question, how are you ladies having this music played at the ceramony? I have not even thought of music. Are you bringing a Mp3 player with the songs loaded and speakers? The resort offers a band that will play but i was also hopiing to walk down the isle to something more traditional. Also, I would like to have a frist dance etc, and wondering if we will just take on music side of things because I dont think the resort does anything like that. any info would be great :)
My resort is offering me to bring a cd with all my songs, and they have a loud speaker, so check with your WC.
However I felt it would be easier for me to just put them all on an ipod, this way I don't have to hire a DJ for the reception, all the songs can be put on the Ipod in different list ceremony music, reception music ,walking down,walking back,signing papers ect..
I will be buying a docking system for the ipod where I will be able to play it loud. I will wait until boxing day for this, in hopes the price will drop alittle bit. I will also be using this in AHR so I'm def saving all alot of money!
Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniferLynn View Post
We are having a guitarist play at the ceremony. We have a DJ for the reception. Our wedding coordinator took care of the microphone & speakers, which we have to pay an hourly rental fee for.