What are you walking down the Aisle to?

Love that song!

Originally Posted by finleya View Post

I think I might just go with A Thousand Years by Christina Perri for my processional. Just love it and it is the perfect tempo!

• 3 weeks later...

You should see if you can get a practice run at home or something like that. Are you doing a rehersal at the resort ?

Originally Posted by finleya View Post

The only problem I am having is trying to figure out how long I need to edit it to and what part, since I won't know how long the processional will be...

After a few months of consideration, I think I have settled on 'Here and Now' by Luther Vandross for my processional. I'm still trying to wrap my head around having lyrics; I think I've grown accustomed to traditional instrumentals for processions. But this song evokes the emotions that I want, and I get a bit giddy when I hear it and can picture my Fi and I very clearly .

I think I now have some what of a better grip to our songs: Processional: Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Bride entrance: Canon D Recessional: I'm Yours - Jason Mraz Wedding Party entrance for reception: undecided...waiting for the wedding to get closer for the newest cool song Bride & Groom Entrance: also undecided, waiting for date to get closer for cool new song. But for now, I'm really liking FloRida's "Good Feeling" First Dance: Kiss of Life - Sade Father Daughter Dance: Para Tu Amor- Juanes (my parents only speak Spanish so I thought it'd only be appropriate to have a Spanish song) Groom & Mother song: totally have no clue -FI knows his mom better than I do Cake Cutting: L-O-V-E - Joss Stone We're having a "Carribean trio" perform for our cocktail hour..it's supposed to be a live entertainment little surprise for the guests. I must say I'm a little torn on some things: my ceremony space has a very short aisle so Canon D seems awfully long for it...lol. Hopefully I can figure it out at rehearsal. Also, it seems out of place given the modern songs used in the rest of the ceremony. But it's the only song that gives me butterflies and builds up the anticipation! I didn't realize I'd have to pick something out for the grooms entrance & paper signing! All of these song choices by the way, the groom knows NOTHING about lol. I'm sure he'll have his say. Who knew there would be so many decisions to make?!

• 3 weeks later...

So my fiance and I are both born and raised in NYC (the "home of hip hip"). So we kind of wanted to do something a little different for our first dance... We're still undecided =/

Part I:

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need To Get By

Part II:

Method Man feat. Mary J. Blige - I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By (Remix)

I didn't want anything traditional so this was our playlist:

Seating

Rhianna - We Found Love

Selena Gomez - Love You Like a Love Song

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

Calvin Harris - Feels So Close

Bride's Enterance

Akon - Angel

Paper Signing

Plain White T's - 1, 2, 3, 4

Recessional

One Republic - Good Life