LF: Starfish or Sand Dollar Brads

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 missybee99

• 163 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

Hi Ladies!

So, I have been all over town looking for some nice brads for my save the dates. However, it seems the stores only stock them "in the summer".....

I am looking for 50 starfish or sand dollar brads in either silver or gold color.

Being that I live in Canada, I have tried google, and ebay, but have not been able to find some that don't also come with a huge shipping cost!!!

I was wondering if any of you ladies might have some leftover that I can purchase, or know of a place I can get some in Canada.

Thanks!!! :)

#2 meghan1177

• 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

Forgive my ignorance -- but are brads the same things as charms? If so, I might be able to help. I just went through the same search for my save the date and settled on these:

Create for Less

They are a little pricer -- but they also look like they cost that little bit more. During my search, I also ran across a lot of options on ebay and there are also some on the Oriental Trading Company. I waited until the last minute so didn't have time to try it out and see if they looked okay.

Good luck!

#3 JHarwood2Be

• 687 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

I got my sand dollar brads from this site Silver Sand Dollar Brads for Discount Beach Wedding Invitations: Wedding Invitations by Formal-Invitations.com
        They also have cute shell ones.
        Photography by Tamm's Photos

#4 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

I was just at Michaels on the weekend and I found some really nice starfish, in silver. I think they came 4 or 5 in a package and were about 6.00. I am making my own invites and plan on adding these to them. Do you have Michaels out in Alberta we do in Ontario.

Good luck with your search

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#5 meghan1177

• 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Okay, now that I know what a brad is -- I feel silly. Sorry!

#6 missybee99

• 163 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

Thanks Ladies for all of your help!!
              I do have a Michaels, but they didn't have any.
              Maybe they were just out of stock....I'll keep checking back.

JHarwood 2 Be, those brads would be perfect! But I kept getting "Unable to calculate shipping". ARGH!
              Thanks anyways!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users