Photo

PV - Welcome/Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenn6603
    Tara,
    I would be interested in the info you received from Burros Bar (one of my fave spots on the beach in PV!) and Daquiri Dicks... We are looking for a spot for our rehearsal reception...

Thanks!
    Jenn
    Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll foward you everything I have!

#12 momb

momb
    • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:23 AM

I vote for Fajita Republic! We went there about 3 weeks ago, and it was fabulous...and reasonable. They just moved to a new location, which is across the street from the old one. I always journal when I have an especially good time somewhere, and Fajita Republic made it into the journal 2 times. Sara

#13 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

can anyone post any menus on here? I'm looking for an affordable place for a rehearsal dinner and want to see if anyone has group menus. thanks!

#14 beach_knot

beach_knot
        • 57 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

I am also interested in more info on the Fajita Republic downtown. Does anyone know if it is walking distance from the Malecon? I'd also be interested in seeing some group menus and obtaining a restaurant email address or contact. I'm having a hard time finding contact info for the new loctation and pictures of the new location.
          Thanks!!!
          R

#15 clmarti1

clmarti1
          • 207 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

Here is what I got from Te Limon, I spoke with Alberto:
            MENU # 1

Mixed Salad
            &
            Mexican Special “VIVA BAJA “
            Medium New york cut and half order of shrimp scampi y media orden de camarones estilo scampi. Served with potatoes and vegetables.
            &
            Corn Break
            &
            Tea w/ Lemon
            $ 306.00
            $ 46.00 tip

MENU # 2

Spinach Salad
            Squared bacon, croutons
            & Honey Mustard Dressing
            &
            CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPIQUE‘A
            Arrachera cooked al carbon, chile relleno, enchilada,
            refried beans, rice and cactus.
            Y
            TRES LECHES Cake
            Y
            Lemon Tea

$ 257.00
            $ 39.00 Tip
            _________
            $ 296.00 Price per person

alcoholic beverages not included- have to contact restaurant for prices

#16 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

I had mine at Vista Grill. It was fabulous.

Here's a suggestion...read the reviews that are posted. You will get a lot of info. Also, I think there is already a thread on PV venues for welcome dinners and rehearshal dinners.

#17 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

Cindy do you have the contact info for Te Limon?

#18 beach_knot

beach_knot
                • 57 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tvt
                  We looked into Los Burros Bar - super casual, on the beach, budget friendly. Daquiri Dicks and Fajita Republic. Los Burros Bar and Daquiri Dicks were responsive. Fajita Republic, not so much. But I know Celina (Soontobemrse) had good luck at Fajita Republic.

In the end we didn't have a WD because I waited so long to plan it, oops! However I do have a contact person and some menus/pricing for Los Burros Bar and Daquiri Dicks if you want it.
                  Would you mind sharing the menus/pricing you got from Los Burros Bar?
                  My FI and I are also trying to get a in touch with Fajita Republic which has prooved to be difficult. How do I get in touch with Celina? I tried searching her - perhaps I entered it wrong??
                  Thanks much!
                  R

#19 clmarti1

clmarti1
                  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jess
                    Cindy do you have the contact info for Te Limon?
                    I spoke with Alberto Vega, I'm not sure if he speaks English. If you search Te Limon, Mishka posted a phone number as well as pictures. I do have his email address though it's rest.telimon@gmail.com
                    As soon as I get time, I can translate the estimate he showed me. I'll try to do it by tonight.

I also got an estimate from Viejo Vallarta of 250 pesos for the following
                    chips and salsa
                    >
                    > mexican combination.
                    > includes: 1 chiken enchilada, 1 stuff with cheese bell pepper ( chile
                    > relleno) 1 beef taco, rice, beans and tortillas.
                    >
                    > open bar for 2 hours.
                    > includes: tequila,vodka,gin,ron,draft beer ( dark or light)juice, wine
                    > ( white or red )
                    >
                    > tip not included. suggest 15 %.

I asked if I could get a price for just beer bar and he said he would charge 200 pesos per person which I dont think is all that bad if you are on a budget. Sure does beat the $40pp prices I was getting from a lot of restaurants!

#20 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

that is great, thanks Cindy. Do you have the contact info for Viejo Vallarta? I feel bad FI's parents are paying for this rehearsal dinner (which is really the welcome dinner) and most of the guests are my side of the family -so I'm trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users