Flights cancelled?? Only one month to go!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

Has anyone heard if flights are being cancelled from Canada to Mexico and the DR with Air transit?
    I got an email from my TA saying to call her immediately, of course I get this after she has left for the day (not sure why she didnt' just call me) and a friend of ours called saying Air Transit flights are being cancelled due to the economy? Anyone got information about this. I will contact TA first thing in the morning but I thought I would try here. I leave for the DR in one month!
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

OMG that is crazy I haven't heard anything but for your sake I hope it's not true. I hope everything works out for you.

#3 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:04 AM

Air Transat? I hope not! That's who I'm using, maybe I'll send my TA an email tomorrow about this... :/

#4 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

I know that when FI and I booked our trip to Jamaica back in July we were originally with Signature vacays and flying with Air Transat - then Signature decided to drop all its packages to Jamaica in April. We switched over to Sunquest, flying with SkyService.

#5 Riley

• 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

I hope that's not the case, I'm flying to the DR with Ait transat too! I'll think I'll call my TA today to see what she says too!

#6 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

So don't leave us hanging. Did Air Transat cancel some of their flights? The economy is very scary lately. I would think Air Transat would be big enough not to be effected.

My fingers are crossed that your flights are okay

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#7 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Great idea Maureen! :)

I just looked up my flights to and from Cancun and they're still there...whew what a relief!!

Here's the link in case any of you ladies want to look up your flights, good luck!

#8 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

If something was going down with Air Transat I'm sure it would be all over the news. Don't worry if your flights are still there in the search you did I'm sure everything is OK :0)

#9 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

First off I am incrediably sorry. What a stupid post I made. I am apparently so self absorbed that I took not consideration into everyone else who is booked with Air transat. I did not mean to freak anyone else, I certainly did not want to add even an ounce of stress to anyone here. SORRY
                  I was just looking for information that I had heard through another TA. And recieving an email saying to get a hold of my TA ASAP made me nervous. My TA wanted to talk about another subject and she had not heard anything about Air transat. She is checking into to it just in case. Oopps sorry guys
                  Like our first kiss all over again

#10 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

No worries! I think wedding stress gets the best of all of us some days hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users