Photo

Monogrammed Frisbees

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mridgway

mridgway
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

I am thinking about getting monogrammed frisbees for our OOT bags and was wondering if anyone has done this before? I've done a google search online and there are many companies out there, but I thought I'd bring it to the experts first!

Thanks! Melissa

#2 mexico15

mexico15
    • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

I think it is a fun idea...but make sure you think people will use them again. You want your money to be used for good and not on something people will put aside after the trip.
      I would use it...just depends on your group! I like the idea thought...it is different.

#3 mridgway

mridgway
      • 132 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

I think it should work for our group. (I hope anyways!) My FI and I went to rival colleges and both of our groups of friends use to play Ultimate Frisbee, against each other. So that is part of the reason we thought it would be a good choice for this event.

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

What a great idea Melissa!!!!!!

Has anyone heard of beersbie before? All you need is 2 sticks 2 cans to stick on the sticks and a frisbee. In the summer we tend to play alot.

#5 bride2be

bride2be
        • 60 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mgreen
          What a great idea Melissa!!!!!!

Has anyone heard of beersbie before? All you need is 2 sticks 2 cans to stick on the sticks and a frisbee. In the summer we tend to play alot.
          yes...I have heard of Beersbie - we play it all the time in the summer too! Maybe it's an Alberta thing. I noticed you are from Lethbridge - I'm from Drumheller!

#6 bride2be

bride2be
          • 60 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mridgway
            I am thinking about getting monogrammed frisbees for our OOT bags and was wondering if anyone has done this before? I've done a google search online and there are many companies out there, but I thought I'd bring it to the experts first!

Thanks! Melissa
            I have ordered frisbees for our OOT bags - they have a bride and groom on them. I will find the website we used and post it for you.

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

hahahahah must be an Albeta thing. Everyone else must think we're crazy but in all seriousness it's such a fun game!! A good way to pass a summer day drinking a beer and having a good time with friends.

#8 mexico15

mexico15
            • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mridgway
              I think it should work for our group. (I hope anyways!) My FI and I went to rival colleges and both of our groups of friends use to play Ultimate Frisbee, against each other. So that is part of the reason we thought it would be a good choice for this event.
              Sounds like it would be a good hit then! I would go for it! It would be meaningful and useful to you all.

#9 mridgway

mridgway
              • 132 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

I have not heard of beersbie, but it sounds like my kind of game!

mexico15 - I noticed you are from KC - I actually went to KSU and my FI went to KU. (In fact I'm headed back to KC this weekend to go wedding dress shopping!)

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mgreen
                  hahahahah must be an Albeta thing. Everyone else must think we're crazy but in all seriousness it's such a fun game!! A good way to pass a summer day drinking a beer and having a good time with friends.
                  I've never heard of Beersbie!! How does it work? I feel like the geek Albertan lol. ... so left out!!!

Other Melissa - I've seen lots of websites for this, and I think it's an awesome idea. If we can work it into our budget we'll be doing it. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that has seen them first hand yet. I'm not sure how you could screw up a frisbee though - I wouldn't worry too much about it.
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users