Photo

Blu-Ray movies worth buying? Any Recomendations?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

Just bought DH the Panasonic Blu -Ray for $150 from slickdeals ( OOS: Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Player DMP-BD35 $150--Starting on Sunday 11/23-- - SlickDeals.net Forums )

Now I'm stuck and don't know which movies are worth buying. I know for sure I need to get the new Batman coming out in a couple weeks. They are kind of pricey so I want to get ones that he will watch over and over and worth the blue- ray experience, KWIM?

Any advice would be appreciated :0)

#2 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

any of the Star Wars ones for sure...I'm just not sure when they'll be released on Blu Ray.

Iron Man would probably be pretty great in Blu Ray too...

oooh, I know...Transformers.

Probably pretty much anything with great special effects would be good choices. Maybe the Matrix?
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#3 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

What a great deal!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

That is an AWESOME deal! Martin got one for himself as his "new job bonus"

We are lovin' it! Seriously, we rent everything on BluRay now. Even Romantic Comedies and things like that - LOL

Uhhhmmm... he got me Sleeping Beauty and it is great to watch on the BluRay!

But yeah definitely movies like the new Batman, and Iron Man (I'm probably gonna get this for Martin for Xmas)... uhmmmm... gosh, I'm totally blanking out!!! Whatever you get will be great. It makes the sound quality amazing.

have fun!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

As other ladies have just said: Iron Man, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean (all three, if he's in to em). If you really want to see how amazing Blu-Ray looks on an expensive flat screen plasma or LCD tv, I would suggest any Pixar movie (Cars, Ratatouille, etc)...cartoons always look amazing, especially on Blu-Ray.

My FI is somewhat of a Blu-Ray and expensive TV (much to my dismay sometimes lol) enthusiast hehe. Do you have a sound system?

#6 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Sorry girls my quote button isnt working for some reason...

Jenn thanks for the recommendation on Transformers. he's crazy over that movie. That definitely needs to be on the list! I totally forgot about it too.

JamieLynn - I pre ordered the Dark Knight, he will like it but it's more for my Christian Bale craving LOL. I think I may get the prequel too. Dang good thing I got a deal on the actual player cuz these can get pricey.

Thanks Kathy, we love a good cartoon. I wonder if they have Shrek out yet? AHH I think there's too many choices now and I may have to do a limit. I just keep reminding myself the movies are for him and not for me

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Oh and Kathy yes we have a sound system. Does that get better quality with blu ray as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users