Photo

Florists in Playa Del Carmen area

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 tinamija

tinamija
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Could you please send me some pics? Also, was she reasonably priced?

#22 tinamija

tinamija
    • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

Does he have a website? Or do you have some pics?

#23 kimbos

kimbos
      • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the info on local florist and the fact that Vanessa has a min of $1,500 - $2,000. Way more than I was looking to spend.

#24 kimbos

kimbos
        • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

Does anyone know about haveing to buy a guest pass for your florist if you stay at a Palace Resort?

#25 jasonandjessica

jasonandjessica
          • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by kimbos 

Does anyone know about haveing to buy a guest pass for your florist if you stay at a Palace Resort?

I don't think you'd have to buy a guest pass if they're just dropping flowers off or quickly setting up.. I think they would only need a guest pass if they're staying the whole day eating and drinking.

#26 LeanneMarie

LeanneMarie
            • Vendor
            • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

Some resorts will charge just a day pass fee and other resorts will charge up to $350 USD for using outside vendors,and other resorts will not charge anything.  Definitely check your contract or with the resort coordinator.  If they are charging a larger fee it's usually about the same amount as they would have earned had you used their house vendor, so it's basically the same thing, and you are getting to use who you want.  Still seems a little unfair, maybe.  I know that some brides have been able to negotiate using outside vendors at no additional cost, so just try to be very insistent with what you want before committing and get a signed agreement.  happy planning!! :)

#27 cherany

cherany
              • 234 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

For those who've been to Playa, can I expect to see street vendors selling flowers on 5th Avenue (or anywhere walking distance from there) on a Friday or Saturday?  

I was thinking if it's anything like the street markets where I live (tons of people selling flowers at all of them), I could just walk over the morning of and grab some flowers for my bridesmaids.  That might sound ludicrous, but I'd be happy with single strands of gladiolas or simple roses.  I'm trying to trim costs in every area not critically important to me, so I can pay for the things that are.  I like almost all tropical flowers and am having several colors at my wedding, so I wouldn't be hard to please, assuming there are vendors like that.

Does anyone know?

#28 cherany

cherany
                • 234 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hmmm, google says Wal-Mart is a 10 minute walk from the resort I'm thinking of booking.  I guess walking there for flowers is an option, too.  I can't fathom paying such a fortune for a florist, when my needs are so simple, and I'm very easily pleased in this area.  I do want real flowers, but other than that, almost anything brightly colored and not wilting would do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users