Photo

Florists in Playa Del Carmen area

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 shorty

shorty
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

jenny did u end up using that florist? were you happy with the results? was it alot cheaper to do that rather than get them from your venue?

#12 Excited

Excited
    • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hello Ladies!
      I loved Vanessa Jaimes' website but am having a lot of trouble contacting her. I've sent her a message on her website as well as through email. Has anyone else had trouble reaching her? How were her prices? She does such beautiful work!

#13 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
      • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

I met with Vanessa Jaimes and Marvin Ku Kinil during my May 2009 site inspection. Vanessa met me at the car rental company, shortly after I arrived in Cancun. I respect Vanessa's artist design, but I ended up choosing Marvin Ku Kinil since he went out of his way to impress me with a half dozen designs he created for me during our first meeting. I did not want to pay a minimum of $2,000 for flowers, so I chose Marvin as he has no minimum.

Here is a link to his website.
        .::: Maya Dise±o Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Ex³ticas

Marie

#14 Excited

Excited
        • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thank you so much for the advice Marie!
          I did finally hear back from Vanessa and was shocked to hear her minimum charge! Hopefully Marvin will be as helpful to me as he was to you!
          Thanks again!
          -Stephanie

#15 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
          • 106 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

Marvin's work is just as good. You'll see. He throws in rose petals for free too. You can't beat that.

#16 lalanyc

lalanyc
            • 363 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sycamore Tree
              I met with Vanessa Jaimes and Marvin Ku Kinil during my May 2009 site inspection. Vanessa met me at the car rental company, shortly after I arrived in Cancun. I respect Vanessa's artist design, but I ended up choosing Marvin Ku Kinil since he went out of his way to impress me with a half dozen designs he created for me during our first meeting. I did not want to pay a minimum of $2,000 for flowers, so I chose Marvin as he has no minimum.

Here is a link to his website.
              .::: Maya Dise±o Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Ex³ticas

Marie
              Thank you so much for his link! So helpful!

#17 Fahm

Fahm
              • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

I'd like to recommend Robb Hiner. He works with John Gray of John Gray's Place (a restaurant) in Playa del Carmen. I had emailed him a couple of inspiration photos, and he put together the bouquet and table centerpieces beautifully. I'm attaching a couple photos of the bouquet.

Overall, he charged me $400 for 6 table centerpieces and a bouquet, all generously sized and beautifully done.

Here's his contact info:

Robb Hiner
                Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.

#18 CamilleA

CamilleA
                • 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

Vanessa is very hit and miss with getting ahold of her - she responds quickly sometimes but takes her time other times!!! Very frustrating!! She actually lowered her minimum to $1500 which is better but still seems high

thanks for the other contacts I will try them out!
                  Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#19 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
                  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

There should be no minimums.

#20 lalanyc

lalanyc
                    • 363 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Has anyone used Julieta for other general decor? I am just curious how she might compare to some of the larger production companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users