Juan Navarro - Dreams Cancun photographer?

Hi everyone,

I've been in contact with Daniella, WC at Dreams Cancun trying to sort out details for my wedding on 14th July 09..

I asked who the wedding photographer would be that comes with the package and she advised Juan Navarro - Juanhphotos was just wondering if anyone has used this photographer at their wedding or knows anything about them?

They only provide 50 photos so i'm possibly looking at bringing in an outside photographer (have been in contact with Claudia Rodriguez). It's all very expensive though when you start bringing in outside photographers!!

Any advice would be helpful, i'm stuck just now and don't know what to do as I know getting good pictures is a big part of the day!!

Louise x

Hi!

For a while we couldn't find ANYONE that had used him..However, recently there was a Bride who used him and you can find her post on this Thread

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t2782

Look at the last couple of pages, it's a VERY big thread, but also, if you read the whole thing, there is some VERY useful info in there!!

Anyway...The girl who used him said that he sold her a Picture DVD for $200 extra and she was able to get all of the pics he took that day.

I thought that was an awesome deal since I can't afford an outside Photographer and I am stuck with Juan whether I like it or not. This way I can Edit my own pictures.

I believe the girl who used him was Happy with his services. (I'm sorry, I cant think of her name :-) )

Good Luck! You will find lots of useful info from all the brides on here, especially the DC brides since your getting married there :-)

Hi,

thanks very much for the advice.. It sounds like good value, i'm just worried about the quality of the pics that's all.

I've e-mailed a couple of photographers to ask for details on their packages but i don't know if it's going to be too expensive!!

I realise there is a lot of different threads on photographers etc but would be grateful for any Dreams Cancun brides out there to share what photographers they have used or are thinking of using for their weddings to help me decide!!.....

Thanx

Hi!

So i've been in contact with Gaby (WC) at Dreams and she says if we don't use the photography in the package we can exchange it for the gazebo decoration or the sound system for the ceremony. Both are a lot less than what the photography is worth but its all because it comes as a package.....

Anyone had the same response? What would you girls choose??!!

xxxcheesy.gif

• 3 months later...

Wow, Juan updated his website and its really pretty. I'm so torn. I want a photographer for 8 hours (the wedding is 6, and I want a shoot before the wedding) and Claudia Rodriguez is soooo expensive! I emailed Claudia (WC) to see the costs of the upgraded photo packages and she hasn't answered back yet. Do you know how much he charges?

• 1 month later...

I also think his pictures are OK but chose to hire an outside photog. We had one of Juan's associates shoot an hour of reception because it was included in our package and I did not want to waste it. We are definitely glad that we chose to go with an outside photog. Here are some of the pictures from our wedding last Saturday.

Click the image to open in full size.

For what it's worth DH and I aren't really big fans of the black and white with a little bit of color and we think he did too much of that. We had to shoot inside because of wind and sprinkles but he used a flash on every single picture that we got back from him. Our hired photog was able to shoot in the low lighting and still have some pretty awesome shots. I added so many pics so future brides can get an idea of what their overall work is like.

I will say it totally rocked that we got our pictures on Monday night and our wedding had been the previous Saturday.