price to pay for each item....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brandy '08

brandy '08
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

Hey Girls!

I have a question for you....... How much did you spend on each item if you are purchasing them: invitations, table cards, std's, favor tags and place cards? I have a quote from a website for $ 622 for all the items i have mention.....is that too much? or is a a good deal? I have no clue on how much each item should cost or i should pay..... I really, really ,really love their work!

Thanks! -Brandy
    My daughter Makenzie

#2 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

I don't know if this will be helpful, because I'm making all of them myself and keeping them simple, but

I bought invites, reception cards, response cards & all the envelopes (for 50 invites) for $30

I made the save the dates, just bought nice paper & envelopes, I think $15

I'm also making the favor tags, haven't bought the card stock yet, but I'm guessing it will be $5-10

and I'm not doing the others.

How many of each will you get for that price? It doesn't seem like a bad price and it sounds like you really like them, so I'd say go for it. can you post the website?

#3 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

I'm doing all the items myself.

STD's: $15
        I used shiny, tri-fold brochure paper and printed 3 color backgrounds on each page and printed a total of 30 pages (total of about 75 STD's, plus about 15 pages printed with errors). I actually got the paper for free from work, but I'm guessing about $15 for the package I have.

Invites: $160
        This is for 65 invites. I will purchase 5x7 pocket folders and will have a blue invitation mat with a white invitation, plus 4-5 inserts with RSVP envelopes and outer envelopes. I will cut the mat, invitation and inserts myself and print myself. The pocket folders will be $1 each and I found a source for the cardstock for $.10 or less the blue mat. I have a package of white card stock from Wal-Mart that was $5 for 150 sheets.
        This includes postage to send them out and RSVP back.

Programs / Placecards and Table cards:
        Thinking I will do the program hand fans (paper). Haven't priced yet, but since I can get a package of heavy-weight white card stock from Wal-Mart for $5 (150 sheets), I know I could say $5 and have plenty of left over paper for the placecards and table cards to be printed.

Ink: I'm guess one more color cartridge, for about $40. I just put new cartridges in, so I'm not certain if it will be necessary or not yet.

#4 lulubelle

• 148 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Seems reasonable to me. I am close to that on my invitations alone! I guess it depends on how many you are buying of each item. If you really love them then I say go for it. It is your wedding day

#5 mexico15

• 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Our message in the bottle invites were total including stamps: $455
            (we bought ink for the color printer for our lables and invites, paper, stamps, shells, twine, $200 were for the bottles, stamps were the second most expensive part)
            I used company resources for our table cards, favor tags and luggage tags, so that was almost nothing (shhhh....don't tell :-) )

What type on invites are you looking at buying?

#6 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Well I made my invites, so that cost me about $60.00 plus the cost of stamps. For our STD's I did the magnets which were like $25.00. I'm also in the process of doing Thankyou cards for the place settings, which won't cost me anything because I have left over paper from another project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users