Photo

ROR Beach Gazebo Warning

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ccunningham

ccunningham
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

I was married on 10/31/08 at ROR. I already posted my review (Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

You would think that the resort would try to move the unwanted guests during a wedding. I am so sorry that you were disappointed. The gazebo in pics does not look bad. But pics can hide certain defects. You do look beautiful in the pic and yours dress is really pretty.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 shanol

shanol
      • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

We just got back yesterday from a wedding at ROR - my girlfriend chose the beach location, but did the tropical arch. I agree that the gazebo looks quite banged up ... that would have bothered me also!
        However - you can be grateful that you only had the 'edge dwellers' during your ceremony - at the wedding we were at, there were also a couple shabby looking sea-doos parked right behind where the ceremony was as well ... maybe the ROR just needs to work on the beach locale in general!!!

As an aside ...you look gorgeous ... and the gazebo comes out lovely in the pictures!

I'm off to read your review now!

#4 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
        • 215 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

We didn't have locals in our photos but we did have maintenance men setting up the arch in our pictures, actual Riu employees. Talk about disappointment!

Click the image to open in full size.

For what it's worth, i think you guys looked great!!

#5 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
          • 319 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

I thought the resort were closed in? Are only opened to RIU guest? aww!!! sorry that happened to u guys. I'm getting married @ RIU Negril.....but still u never know what will happen anywhere...

#6 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for sharing that information with the forum because Im sure alot of brides on the forum are planning on using the beach gazebo.

#7 StarAndJay

StarAndJay
              • 130 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the warning!! I am getting married at the Riu Negril, hopefully it doesnt happen there!!

#8 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
                • 319 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

hey star jay im getting married @RIU Negril 2

#9 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Honestly, it's not something to worry too much over. You're going to have curious on-lookers at any destination wedding in any location at every resort. They're just jealous cause you're having an amazing wedding and they had to have a stuffy church thing back home with their second cousins, twice removed AND they had to invite their bosses! The beach gazebo was pretty amazing in my opinion. It's a much nicer backdrop than a crepe paper covered ivy trellis! (no offense to those who like the crepe paper covered ivy trellises!

And for the record, the beach is not closed off on the wedding gazebo end. You're free to walk off the property but there are security guards keeping other people out.

#10 sportsdog2

sportsdog2
                    • 87 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:34 AM

I enjoyed your review. Thanks for the warning regarding the beach gazebo. All in all your pictures were beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users