• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

Since its crab season i thought i'd post some crab recipes. this is one of my favorite ways to make crab when i am sick of just lemon and drawn butter. I actually like tamarind crab and salt and pepper crab better but my mom makes it so i dont really know the recipe....i just let her do it.

Crustacean-inspired Garlic Noodles Recipe

1 lb fresh noodles
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic (pounded)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
2 1/2 teaspoons oyster sauce
5 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese

Rince the noodles with cold water and set aside. Heat up a pot of water and let it boil. Boil the noodles in the hot water until they are done, drain the water, and set aside to cool down the noodles.

In a pan, saute the garlic with the olive oil in medium heat. The purpose is to infuse the olive oil with garlicky flavor. Discard the garlic and then add in 4 tablespoons of butter and turn the heat to low. Add in the chicken bouillon powder, garlic powder, oyster sauce and blend well. Set aside to let it cool.

Once the garlic mixture is cool and the noodles are cool at room temperature, pour the garlic mixture over the noodles and toss them together to blend well. Add in the grated parmesan cheese, toss well, and serve immediately.

Crustacean-inspired Roasted Crab Recipe

1 Dungeness Crab (about 2 lbs)
1 stick unsalted butter/8 tablespoons
6-8 cloves garlic (chopped coarsely)
1 small onion finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (optional)
2 teaspoons black pepper (cracked using a mortar and pestle)
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Clean and chop the crab into small pieces. Heat up the butter in a wok (between medium to low heat) and saute the garlic and onion until aromatic, but not brown. Add in the black peppers, red chili flakes, chicken bouillon powder, and then add in the crab and stir well. Add in the sugar and cook the crab until half done.

Dish out and bake it in the oven at 350 degree F for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with garlic noodles.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

What a great recipe! I want to try and make.

#3 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

Delicious and it isn't too difficult, thanks!

#4 babystace1985

• 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

if you're referring to the restaurant crustacean in Beverly Hills then yayyyy! their garlic noodles are the best i've ever had
        Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users