DIY your own wedding undergarments
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:28 AM
Thank you for the instruction. I will def. try making at least one. if all goes well then I might not stop making them. LOL
Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:13 PM
Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:17 PM
So cute and easy! I will for sure be making these! I saw some on pinterest that were blue, for your 'something blue'
Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:02 PM
I love this for a pair of boyshorts! Special treat for the wedding night!!!
Originally Posted by MsShelley
I know a lot of girls get these from customized girl, but for you diyers, this is a fun project. I am making mine now, and they are actually pretty simple.
Here is an example of what they look like, or write whatever you'd like
Hotfix flatback rhinestones: 10ss but you can go smaller for sure
Wax-tipped rhinestone picker-upper
Undies of your choice
1. In MICROSOFT WORD go to "Insert----> WordArt" and use WordArt to type out your text. Use one text box for your soon-to-be last name "Mrs.XXX" and then use a separate text box for your "EST. DATE" if you choose to include this.
2. Use the Word draw tools panel and select 'Rotate or Flip' then choose 'Flip Horizontal.' This will flip your text so it looks like you are looking at a mirror image of the text. Next adjust your text for the font you want (Lucida Handwriting or Calligraphy are nice) and font size. Print them out and through trial and error see what will fit well on the undies you choose. Then print and cut out your text.
3. Next, tape your text down onto your work surface and tape it so it stays in place.
4. Then take your MYLAR paper--peel off the sticky sheet away from the white backing and place the sticky sheet on top of your text--sticky side UP. Tape it down to the table, too, so it stays put.
5. Then just place your rhinestones onto the sticky mylar paper over your text (trace it with the rhinestones). Make sure your rhinestones are SHINY SIDE DOWN and glue side up. You should be looking at the glue side (when you flip it and put on your undies the shiny side will be up).
6. After you're done with the design, place it shiny side up onto your undies. Take a thin cloth or even thin t-shirt and place it over the design/mylar paper. On high heat and NO STEAM place the iron over the design (and cloth) and put pressure. This is melting the glue! Do this until you feel the stones are setting. Then flip the undies over and apply the iron to the back of the undies too. This is IMPORTANT in making sure they set!
Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:13 PM
Love it! I was thinking of getting the pre-fab iron-ons for myself and the girls, but maybe I'll try this instead!
23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!
Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013
Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users