Photo

Paying for bridesmaids' and groomsmen's clothes?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 niels408

niels408
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

We paid for all our BM's & groomsmen's attire...figured if they are making the trip and spending the money for that, we'd kinda make the dresses & suits part of their gifts.

#12 chickadee024

chickadee024
    • 140 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

We bought the attire for our attendants. But it wasn't expensive, either. We got the BM dresses for $35 each at Kohls, and the linen shirts for the GMs from Geoffery Beene for $20, and they can just wear some khakis. I'm also buying the jewelry for the girls.

We are still expecting the BMs to purchase their shoes (and I don't care yet what they do with hair/makeup) and the GMs to purchase matching khakis and flip flops.

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

We bought our BM's and GM's their outfits and I also paid for BM's earrings, hair and manis and pedis. Like others have said, they were spending alot of money to come to our wedding so for us it was something we felt we should do.

#14 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

My parents are paying for the bridesmaids and I think the groomsmen are on their own. None of my bm's make hardly any $$$ so... it's really nice of the folks!

#15 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
          • 856 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

I plan on paying for my MOH dress. Since we have a small wedding party, we are going to assume the cost. I think it is up to you and what you can afford.

#16 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:00 PM

We are buying their outfits, but they are responsible for the little things like shoes and jewelry (but they can wear whatever shoes and jewelry they want, even something they already own). I am also paying for the girl's alterations. With that said we only have a MOH, one BM and one GM. So, its not like we had to buy for 6 or 7 people. I think if its in your budget its a nice gesture since they are paying so much just to be able to be there.
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#17 MayanButterfly

MayanButterfly
              • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

We bought our BM dresses (from Le Chateau ~$120) and earrings (they were having an awesome sale so they ended up being $2.50!! though reg. $10). I agree with the comments above - it's a nice gesture for your bridal party, and we also felt they were paying so much to come. However, the BMs are responsible for their shoes and we haven't sorted out make-up/hair yet. As for the GMs, we are getting them ties and black pants - most white shirts are pretty standard I think.

#18 Mylee84

Mylee84
                • 287 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

I think you should do whatever fits in your budget.
                  We bought the attire... but i got wonderful deals on them!
                  (because I bought it all at the end of summer)
                  I think BM originally think they have to purchase them so it will not be a big deal if you dont!! =)

#19 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

I agree, do what fits in your budget. We bought the groomsmen attire as they are paying for the whole trip on their own. My bridesmaids (my sisters) bought their own dresses because we paid for their flights...

#20 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
                    • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

My FI and I paid for our wedding party attire, although it got a little spendy I felt it was the right thing to do given the price of airline tickets.

On the other hand, I know the bride and groom do not have to pay for it. At the end of the day, your bridemaids and groomsmen are probably not expecting that you pay for their clothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users