Sign in to follow this  
J&MWedding

Isn't this supposed to be a happy time?!

I'm probably more or less venting to my fellow destination gals, but I was about to send in my deposit next week to secure my date, and I just found out my cousin who is my MOH wouldn't be able to make the date!

I was skeptical at first, but I did talk to her and her job blacks out Nov and Dec for selling months - she couldn't take off more than a day during that period. This is legit, even though she has been giving me grief about doing a whole DW. I'm so exhausted, I just want to set a date, and I feel like everything is going against me.

I know what your girls are going to say, at the end of the day it is about me and my FI and we should do what we want to do. I'm just having some deep thinking right now.

Has anyone gone through a bunch of drama from choosing a DW?! I'm sure you have!

I am sorry that you are going through this....i think everyone that plans a DW goes through people complaining or trying to cause problems atleast once. it comes with the territory i guess... but you just have to remember that this is what you and FI want to do and so do what makes you happy and the people that really want to be there will be there and will find a way to make the time to get there and there will always be the complainers....just try make the best of it because after all its your day! cheesy.gif

You can browse the posts anyday and see all the drama! :) What really helped us was realizing (and being ok with) the fact that because we chose a DW, not everyone will be there. Some people cant come (money, schedule, etc), some people choose not to.

If there are certain people that you really, really want there, you can plan around their schedules. Otherwise, set the date, be happy, and know you cant control what anyone else does!

sorry about the drama, whenwe first decided we had about 30 people who said yes, then when it cam e to deposit time everyone was like oh well its a little expensive grrrr $1740 with tax for 1 week in a junior suite5 star resort? what is wrong with peoplehuh.gif? well we are so far 12 and i am ok with that, my MOH good friend is not coming so i chose another friend who is going. with DW u have to pick the bridal party based on who's booked thats theonly stress free way. but like usaid, i will say just do what feels right for u, my FI parents look like they may not be coming, no one from his side is, they may go if they find a seat sale...GOOD LUCK i highly doubt they will find one. dont stress it will all workout in the end