Photo

Similar Dress??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fudgie

fudgie
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

I LOVE the Maggie Sottero Abigail dress, but for unfortunately and for various reasons I can not get it I am wondering if anyone knows of a dress that might be similar?
    Abigail - by Maggie Sottero
    I am not sure how to insert a picture so I just inserted the link!
    Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Have you looked at La Sposa or Pronovias? They have some dresses that have that sort of style

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

I think almost any designer has a dress similar to this, even david's bridal. I'm not sure what your reason for not getting this one is, but have you looked into having a seamstress make the exact same dress for you? There are seamstress' that will do any dress you want for like $380.

#4 rach220

rach220
        • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:10 AM

Beautiful dress! This might be similar...?
          Click the image to open in full size.

Married July 16, 2009
          Aventura Cove Palace Resort
          Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#5 fudgie

fudgie
          • 353 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Ladies! I am really nervous about the dress shopping because I really have only a couple of days to figure it all out! I live in a small town that has no dress shops and I have to make a two hour flight just to get to a city with shops. The one shop that carries Maggie Sottero does not have this dress for sample and I am worried about ordering something without seeing it or trying it on first. Besides all that this dress is over my budget (but if I did have the chance to try it on and I fell in love with it who knows!). I am leaving in a couple of weeks to dress shop and I really have only 2.5 days to do it, so I am trying to gather up all the info I can before then!
            Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

Have you thought about getting a knock off from china? There are a couple threads on here of other brides who did it. I am because of the huge cost savings.

If you have a picture they can make it. Here is where I am getting mine made:
              Cheap Wedding Gowns, Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, Discount Bridal Gowns-Lilywedding.com

#7 litl_april

litl_april
              • 351 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hi! I hope you find what you are looking for! Here's a dress I tried on when I was searching. It's a David's Bridal dress. I think it's a gorgeous dress however I found one that was more "me" at a local shop that I knew more was the one. This one also, I found out later when looking at their website, was out of my budget, but maybe it fits in yours if you're going somewhere with a David's! It doesn't look real similar to the one you posted but it is a gorgeous lace. David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns SY9501 Lace trumpet with tulle overlay and beaded lace appliqu┬ęs.

Good Luck!!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

Please click on the link in my siggy for forum help and how-to's. There are some great threads that will help you post photos and much more.

Beautiful dress, and Rach I absolutely LOVE the one you posted! Like I wish I was getting married again so I could buy it! it may have even been my #2 dress, but it looks so good in this pic and I really can't remember what it looked like on me, but it was nice!

#9 fudgie

fudgie
                  • 353 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rach220
                    Beautiful dress! This might be similar...?
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    I also LOVE this dress! It is a Cymbeline but is also not available to where I am shopping.

#10 niels408

niels408
                    • 327 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Jasmin Haute has a few dresses that are somewhat similar:

Jasmine Bridal

Jasmine Bridal

Jasmine Bridal

Hope this may help alittle :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users