Wine recommendations please

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

I am as far away from a wine expert as you can get but I know I love Chateau St Michelle riesling! All of this wine talk is making me thirsty !

#32 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Oh yeah, there are some great prices at Costco. They buy in such bulk that they get just phenomenal prices on their wine.

I had to go pick some up at Costco for a customer last week and they are selling it to consumers basically at cost.

#33 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Andrea~
        I am as far away from a wine expert as you can get but I know I love Chateau St Michelle riesling! All of this wine talk is making me thirsty !
        That's the joy about wine, Andrea! You don't have to be an 'expert' to know what you like. You can gain a better appreciation for wine by continuously learning and trying new wines, but ultimately - if you like it, then it's good. :-)

#34 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
        • VIP Member
        • 3,405 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

My fav's are mostly local WA wines, but I do like Austrailian wines & Italian reds as well: A few I love:
          Kim Crawford Sav Blanc
          Giesen: Sav Blanc
          Bogle: Pinot Noir
          Artizin: Zinfandel
          14 hands: Cab Sav
          Barnard Griffin: red blend, can't remeber?
          From Italy, a good Chianti Classico or sparkling Prosecco is amazing
          Any Cameraderie red wine from WA if you can find it.

#35 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

K, I actually switched to the Barefoot Pinot. I was eating granola and the Sauv. just didn't taste right!

Who else is with me? Tami...? ;-D

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#36 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

there was this wine i got in fl only b/c i liked the bottle, it was a white wine, clear bottle, had clouds on it, called "heavenly" or something, it said heavenly right on the bottle.... i loved it and saved the bottle however i left it at joe's uncles :o( hahhahaha my first tattoo was a small symbol that meant "heaven" so it reminded me of that. that tat is now covered up with new one but whatever. im babbling. AND after all this talk, i never went to wine store, i had to run to target and get some chips and whatnot for mts, so joe will grab me wine. i gotta call him pronto and tell him what to get

#37 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                there was this wine i got in fl only b/c i liked the bottle, it was a white wine, clear bottle, had clouds on it, called "heavenly" or something, it said heavenly right on the bottle....
                I bet it was 7 Heavenly Chards (the sister of 7 Deadly Zins). Sounds just like that bottle! ;-)

#38 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

I think you are right! lol

#39 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

so i went and purchased 3 bottles of wine that were suggested by the tamster and i have to say im impressed ;o)
                    i bought the pino nior cona sur, le crema and toasted head bottle reserve- which is actually the one i opened!
                    i only finished the one bottle on fri night b/c sat was the beer fest so i had beer that day and night.
                    tonight i will open another and see how i like it.

also, jaime we will have to plan another on line wine party soon, and we will do it for reals! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users