• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

Let's have a wine party, Jac!!!

Tami - that was me that said I like Australian wines. I dont know any names, but they are whites and usually just almost clear in color. I bought a wine journal last Christmas, I should totally start using it!

#12 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

tam you're the best, thx!

car- Im in! haha when and where!

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Matt's going hunting the weekend after Thanksgiving, so if you want to come up sometime then, cooooo! If not, I hvan't been to your house ever, so... Damn, just looked at the calendar, and this weekend is booked, next is Thanksigving, the next is my birthday, and the next is my birthday celebration with Matt's family! That brings us all the way to Dec 20th! Unless you can hang out on Friday night. Then it would have to be just me, since Matt works late on Friday and early on Saturdays. If it's a Friday, then 11/28 works for me, 12/12. or 12/19.

Whoops, 12/19 is JOhnny's surprise 30th, can't do that day. Damn I wish that we had more then 2 day weekends. Let me know what works for you!

#14 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

oops - sorry Carly, I shoulda double checked, lol.

I want to come to your wine party!!!! ;-)

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by carly
            Jac - you know Tami sells wine, right? So listen to her, she knows what she is talking about! And you also described what I like about wine (not dry and more towards fruity), so I will perhaps try some of these that Tami listed...

I usually just drink Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. The lighter in color they are, the more I like them usually. And Matt also found that I tend to like Australian wine. He pays attention to that crap, I had never noticed!
            Tami is the best! She sent me some wine last year for Xmas and it was superb :)

Carly - You like exactly what I like!!! Australian/New Zealand Wines are my fav - ESPECIALLY Pinot Grigio & Sauv. Blanc.

You must try Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc - I looove that. Also, Kim Crawford (Tami introduced me to that! Thanks Tami!) is delish' and goes so well with sweet teriyaki stir fry! YUM! We also like Starborough Marlborough (did I spell that right??). We actually found it way discounted at a tasting yesterday so we bought 2 bottles. If you're going for cheap wine - Barefoot has a decent Pinot Grigio.

I also like Santa Ema Merlot for a red. Not sure where that's from though...Chile, actually i think... Oh and
            Peter Lehmann's Clancys is an awesome red wine - I know that one is from Australia.

We are always sampling new Australian/New Zealand wines!

Tonight our bottle is Starborough Marlborough! Excited about THAT!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

Tam you should come!

Car- 11/29 is Alisha's happy hour thing (remember to let me know if u want to go) ...12/13 Denna is having a lil xmas get together with the girls, you should come, she just emailed a few peop's but Im 100% positive she wont care if you're my date... we can celebrate your bday too if u want ;o) It's Tastefully Simple demo/xmas party. We will most likely be BS'ing drinking wine too that night.

#17 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              Since Turkey Day is right around the corner as well, a Beaujolais Nouveaus is also fantastic. Lighter style, fruit forward and you should be able to find them easily since they are the perfect pair with turkey!
              i heart beaujolais :) and i'm not a wine girl either!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by carly
              Matt's going hunting the weekend after Thanksgiving, so if you want to come up sometime then, cooooo! If not, I hvan't been to your house ever, so... Damn, just looked at the calendar, and this weekend is booked, next is Thanksigving, the next is my birthday, and the next is my birthday celebration with Matt's family! That brings us all the way to Dec 20th! Unless you can hang out on Friday night. Then it would have to be just me, since Matt works late on Friday and early on Saturdays. If it's a Friday, then 11/28 works for me, 12/13. or 12/19.

Whoops, 12/19 is JOhnny's surprise 30th, can't do that day. Damn I wish that we had more then 2 day weekends. Let me know what works for you!
              this time of year freakin sucks for making plans! like really sucks! carly your calendar sounds just like mine!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              I want to come to your wine party!!!! ;-)
              meeeeeeeeee toooooooooo!

#18 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                Tami is the best! She sent me some wine last year for Xmas and it was superb :)

Carly - You like exactly what I like!!! Australian/New Zealand Wines are my fav - ESPECIALLY Pinot Grigio & Sauv. Blanc.

You must try Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc - I looove that. Also, Kim Crawford (Tami introduced me to that! Thanks Tami!) is delish' and goes so well with sweet teriyaki stir fry! YUM! We also like Starborough Marlborough (did I spell that right??). We actually found it way discounted at a tasting yesterday so we bought 2 bottles. If you're going for cheap wine - Barefoot has a decent Pinot Grigio.

I also like Santa Ema Merlot for a red. Not sure where that's from though...Chile, actually i think... Oh and
                Peter Lehmann's Clancys is an awesome red wine - I know that one is from Australia.

We are always sampling new Australian/New Zealand wines!

Tonight our bottle is Starborough Marlborough! Excited about THAT!!

haha cheers to you too cutie! i wrote these down too!

#19 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

P.S. I wanna come to your wine party toooooo (that's my whining typing voice )

How badass would it be to have a BDW wine tasting party at Tami's?!? Mannn, I so wish some of you girls lived closer!!! I could so go for a girl's wine tasting get together ~ we'd have a blast! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#20 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:27 PM

I have a great idea... haha we will have a "On Line Drinking Wine" party... and get shit faced and just talk on BDW (wait dont sum of us do that NOW!?) hahaah
                    no im kidding but i wish we all could meet easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users