xmas edition of getting to know your friends (if your bored)

DanielleNDerek

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a

SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this post and paste into a

new post that you can send. Change all the answers so that they

apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know,

INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? mostly wrap gifts but use bags for odd shaped items

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial so i can have it up longer!

3. When do you put up the tree? black friday or the next day

4. When do you take the tree down? middle of January

5 . Do you like eggnog? Yep. and eggnog ice cream too yummy! But not the kind at ODonnells way too strong!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? cabbage patch doll

7. Hardest person to buy for? my mother in law (lol i've been waiting to use mother in law in a sentence)

8. Easiest person to buy for? Derek he has no problems giving me ideas

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no it was destroyed when my house flooded. Actually i do have a Mexican Nativity seen but the animals look like seals. my mom gave it to me as a joke she thought it was hysterical. I think it's ugly. Sorry mom!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? xmas sweatshirt

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story or Xmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? i used to be done by black friday now i try to start by black friday

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? christmas cookies

16. Lights on the tree? white

17. Favorite Christmas song? Brenda Lee's Rockin Around the Xmas Tree. Its one of my fav things about xmas

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? stay local but go from house to house

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? i think i can

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have yet to find a tree topper i like. I'm really looking for a snowman one since i'm obsessed with them but right now we just have ribbons on top of the tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Derek and I did our xmas eve because we are too busy xmas day to do them but the rest go on Christmas morning and when we have kids we'll do it on xmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? shopping traffic and parking it takes an hr to get to the Deptford Mall

23. What theme or color are you using? snowmen (Me too Chrissy)

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Honey Ham with pineapple casserole

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have everything i need but i would like to have my wedding pics and slideshow done to show family

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Michelle

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? I dont know

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper - rarely gift bags

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial - although I miss the smell of a real tree! The artificial is so much easier

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after Thanksgiving, but this year I'll do it this weekend since I will be gone next weekend at FI's parents house

4. When do you take the tree down? after New Years

5 . Do you like eggnog? Love it - try it with rum it tastes like a banana split! :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? those baby dolls that you didn't know if they were a boy or a girl until you opened the package - I loved those! Totally forget what they are called though.

7. Hardest person to buy for? hmm my Dad - he buys everything he needs

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no - I was thinking about getting one

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Shirt from my mom when I was 15 that said "so many boys, so little time" - embarassing at that age!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Christmas movies - hmmm Elf is cute

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? everything!

16. Lights on the tree? yes - all white

17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? go to my parents house - local

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Rudolph, Donner, Dixon...umm maybe not

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a big silver star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? traffic at the malls

23. What theme or color are you using? for what? - umm my Christmas tree is burgundy and silver with white lights if that is what this question means

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Honey Baked Ham, mashed potatoes - I love food on Christmas!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a Dell Mini laptop, an iPod touch, for my FI to move down to San Diego ASAP

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? hmmm?

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? not sure either

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to wrap gifts around the Christmas Holiday - now birthdays, that's usually a different story... slap it into a pretty bag and it's ready to go! wink.gif

2. Real tree or Artificial? We have an artificial tree that my Grandparents gave to us last year because they are getting too old to put it up and take it all down. They're simplifying cheesy.gif It is obviously very sentimental so we love it!

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally right after Thanksgiving but this year we're getting into the Xmas spirit early! I think next weekend smile123.gif

4. When do you take the tree down? sometime in January... we can get really lazy about that though.

5 . Do you like eggnog? I think I had it for the first time last year. OMG SOOO delish! But this year it's totally not on my "low dairy, low fat" diet cheesy.gif I'll probably try and find a way to make it out of my new favorite vanilla rice milk this year LOL

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mother Goose Doll

7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm... probably my Dad. Grandpa too. And FIL's

8. Easiest person to buy for? Martin.. I already have his "big" gift, 1 "medium" gift and plenty of ideas for stocking stuffers!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? These shoes my uncle bought me when I was like 12. Can't even explain them... lol

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Is Dan in Real Life a Christmas movie? I watched that the other day and was totally bawling! I love Chevy Chase's Christmas movie and also love The Holiday

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started early this year - Sept. or Oct.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes! Right in front of the person who gave it to me and they didn't even notice!!!!!! hahaha *phew*

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge that Mrs. Cole makes

16. Lights on the tree? I go back and forth. I think last year we did green.

17. Favorite Christmas song? All I Want for Christmas Is You by Vince Vance and the Valiants (I grew up with Vince Vance, he was good friends with my Dad! :-))

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay in the area. First we go to my Grandparents Christmas eve for a long standing tradition - our family (the Millers) have been getting together with the Cole family for over 30 years! Then we will spend the night there (in Denton, about 45 mins north of Dallas), open gifts with my family and then drive back to Dallas to spend the rest of the day with Martin's family and then back home by the fire with Ollie to open our stockings! :)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Youuuu knowwwww..

Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donnor and Blitzen. But do you recallll... the most faaaamous reindeeerr of alll? Roudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer!

Ha! That song came in handy! wink.gif

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Hmmm.. I think we have an angel... or maybe a star... lmao I dunno.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was little I always got to open 1 present on Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning. Now it's all on Christmas Day

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to get things straightened out between the two families. UGH!

23. What theme or color are you using? Don't really have one.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Hmmm, again - don't really have one...

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Too many things to list! wink.gif

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? All you BDW gals

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Some of you BDW gals? lol

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a

SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this post and paste into a

new post that you can send. Change all the answers so that they

apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know,

INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually the kid's gifts because it is fun to watch them open them. Adults get gift bags!

2. Real tree or Artificial? We bought a fake tree last year, but since I have lived on my own I've never put up a big tree. Growing up my grandpa would always bring down real trees from his farm in WI.

3. When do you put up the tree? I'm not sure when we will put it up. I don't have a lot of ornaments yet so maybe we won't put it up this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? If we put it up sometime after new year's.

5 . Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I don't like to put the liquor in it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie doll house

7. Hardest person to buy for? father-in-law, he never likes anything you buy him.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My little sister, she loves everything girlie.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I used to, but I don't know what happened to it.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A box of tools.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to be mostly done by Thanksgiving, but this year I haven't even started yet.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I can't stand that!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies, I make the best sugar cookies if I do say so myself!

16. Lights on the tree? I like the flashing ones. I think we bought white ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas or Jingle Bell Rock

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? This will probably be the last year we won't have to travel for Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Hmm, probably not.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I'll need to add that to my list of Christmas decorations I need to get. Probably a star though.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Mike and I open gifts on Christmas Eve. We celebrate with his family on Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm dreading shopping during the busy time. I hate lines and rude people.

23. What theme or color are you using? I have no idea.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. My aunt always makes some kind of pasta.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really want our pro pics back in time to make photobooks for our family and friends.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Don't know

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Don't know

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends on the gift

2. Real tree or Artificial? I like the real ones for the scent, however we are getting an artificial one this year

3. When do you put up the tree? Early Dec, maybe the first weekend or so.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in Jan

5 . Do you like eggnog? Yes, I love it! Homemade though, not store bought.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rainbow Brite horse

7. Hardest person to buy for? Not too sure, I guess I'd have to say brother b/c he has everything!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Joe or my sister

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but need to get one

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An old boss gave me terrible earrings once, I think it was a re-gift too!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is a hard one, they are all so great. Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, Christmas Story & Xmas Vacation are top 3

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Dec I guess

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, my aunt Grace's escarole soup

17. Favorite Christmas song? Trans-Siberian Orchestra "What Child is This"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? stay local but go from house to house

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? i think so lol

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one xmas eve, rest on morning of :o)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude people, parking lots

23. What theme or color are you using? Gold and ivory

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. turkey, string bean casserole, cranberry, stuffing, mash potatoes, grilled macaroni, omg the list goes ONNNNN

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? that yellow lab puppy i saw at pet store that i already named! hahaha

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? everyone

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? scrooges! hehe

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Pretty wrap and ribbon

2. Real tree or Artificial? Iâ€d love to have a real tree, but my allergies donâ€t allow it, so for now itâ€s Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? December 1st

4. When do you take the tree down? Second week of January

5 . Do you like eggnog? Yes, so yummy

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Oh Jenny Playhouse I got when I was 8, it was a small dollhouse with all the furniture and dolls included. I still have it somewhere

7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother. Heâ€s not one to wait for something he wants, so itâ€s really difficult to come up with something he doesnâ€t already have.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Timm…anything related to the Ottawa Senators, and he doesnâ€t care if he gets duplicates

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I do. Iâ€m not overly religious, but I just love what the scene evokes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail all the way

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm, I canâ€t really think of a bad one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Itâ€s a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? There isnâ€t really a set time. If I seem something throughout the year that I know someone will like, I pick it up.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? These cookies my mom makes called Chocolate Mice: theyâ€re basically peanut butter, rice krispees and coconut rolled up and dipped in chocolate…soooooooo good, but my mom only makes them at Christmas.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, coloured ones

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay in town, but go to one parent or the otherâ€s

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive (you know, “Olive the other reindeer? Haha)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like an angel but right now we have a star. I havenâ€t been able to find an angel I like

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. I used to open one on Christmas Eve when I still lived with my parents, but now we go to Timmâ€s parents to hang stockings on Christmas Eve, and itâ€s more fun.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crazy crowds of people.

23. What theme or color are you using? Gingerbread Men and Women

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Classic turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing (made by combining my momâ€s and his momâ€s recipes)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Lots of books

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Really not sure

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Not sure again

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! i love sitting on the floor and having tons of papers around me and getting to choose which one :) bags are too easy its boring! lol

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial..i live in an apartment so we are allowed real ones sad.gif

3. When do you put up the tree? near the end of November

4. When do you take the tree down? ummm middle of January lol

5 . Do you like eggnog? OMG YESSSSSS..but i can only have a little bit or else i get a tummy ache

6. Favorite gift received as a child? my Puppy Surprise :) i wanted it sooo badly!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My grandparents on my Moms side...they always say they want nothing and so they never give me ideas

8. Easiest person to buy for? Will (my FI) i live with him so i know when he really wants something because he always talks about it so its pretty simple

9. Do you have a nativity scene? nope i dont..used to as a kid at my parents house

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them :) im getting some this weekend to send out i cant wait :) its my first year sending out my own

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmmm, probably the book i got about getting over the loss of my mom, i got it from my stepmom...ya it was not a good situation when i opened that present thats all ill say

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? end of November usually

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? turkey and stuffing cheesy.gif

16. Lights on the tree? yes! tons of coloured lights :)

17. Favorite Christmas song? i have tons!! but one of my favourites is "my grown up Christmas list"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? we go a little bit out of the city to our parents and grandparents houses

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like a star on the top of the tree :)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning :) but Chrsitmas eve when i was a kid my mom would always give us a present that was new pajamas so we could sleep in them that night :) it was so cute

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? ummm probably how busy the malls are..i love the buzz in the malls just i hate the long lines

23. What theme or color are you using? just colourful things...nothing specific really

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce :)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Ugg boots :) and a new winter coat

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? the BDW girls

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? who knows lol

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper if I have time

2. Real tree or Artificial? Both - we have more than one so usually several artifical, but this year we are going real too. Yay!!!

3. When do you put up the tree? whenever I have after Turkey Day

4. When do you take the tree down? middle of January

5 . Do you like eggnog? No - lactose intolerant. Yuk!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? aw, man, no idea - but I used to LOVE Barbies

7. Hardest person to buy for? hubby - he buys himself whatever he wants

8. Easiest person to buy for? me - lol. seriously - my sister

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, put it up in front of the fireplace every year

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? well, I usually TRY to mail, but have stacks from years gone by that are filled out and addressed but never sent.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? who knows - plenty of homemade sweaters and quilts that I appreciate now but didn't then.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Bad Santa, lol

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? all year

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? probably

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? anything and everything

17. Favorite Christmas song? can't remember the name - but it's about the family that drinks and smokes and is totally redneck.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? usually have to travel to see family - but since I work holidays - we usually travel in January.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen ... Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too many radio stations that play Christmas music too early.

23. What theme or color are you using? different themes in different rooms

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Turducken with all the trimmings

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Personal Trainer gift certificates and MONEY

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? BDW'ers

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? lazy BDW'ers

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping Paper

2. Real tree or Artificial?

Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree?

The day after Thanksgiving and keep up till New Years Day

4. When do you take the tree down?

HaHa....Read Above

5 . Do you like eggnog?

Nope.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

My Smurf Stuffed Dolls

7. Hardest person to buy for?

My Dad

8. Easiest person to buy for?

My daughter

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

I was hoping to get one this year....I want an all glass one..and those are

hard to find.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Snail Mail all the way

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

A scarf

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Hands down Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Jan 1....Ha....I wish. Usually around Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yepp....as a white elephant gift for work

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

My mom's Christmas Candy

16. Lights on the tree?

Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Elvis - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?

Stay at Home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Commet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Rudolf

Is that them?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

We actually have a bow set up!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

We allow the kids to open 1 on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas Day

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Malls.....or even Wal-Mart

23. What theme or color are you using?

This year....Red and Black.....GO DAWGS! FH request. Previous years

have been pink and silver and blue and silver

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner.

Turkey...not a big ham eater

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

I just want my kids to have a good Christmas

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?

I dunno

27. Who is least likely to respond to this?

Again I dunno

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? i do love using bags!! sorry, i'm lazy!

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial - save the planet - reuse!!

3. When do you put up the tree? 12 days before xmas

4. When do you take the tree down? as soon as we can be bothered!

5 . Do you like eggnog? don't think we have that in the uk...and if we do, i've been left out! ;9

6. Favorite gift received as a child? pink bike

7. Hardest person to buy for? h2b!

8. Easiest person to buy for? all the kids in the family!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? mmm don't know..can't really remember being too disappointed...although i remember when playstations first came out and my wee bro wanted one soo bad...and he got a sega mega drive!!bless!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? home alone...does that count?!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? december!!soo bad1

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes! lots!!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? nothing in particular..just enjoy the full thing

17. Favorite Christmas song? mariah carey, all i want for christmas

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? we went to the canaries last year and would do it every year if h2b's work wasn't soo busy at that time of year!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? no!!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? think we have a star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? h2b and i always open ours xmas eve...then everyone elses the next day!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? since i don't drive....the weather! especially as i don't by sensible shoes with good grips to stop me from sliding everywhere

23. What theme or color are you using? white

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? roast potatoes

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? well...h2b took me shopping yesterday and got me the gucci bag i've been dreaming of for years!!lol

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? everyone as bored as me!

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? everyone working hard!