Weddings at Sea - Celebrity & Azamara

TA Dina

This press release was from several months ago but just putting it out there again since it's now available to start booking. Get married at sea by the Captain on a Celebrity or Azamara ship. No more worrying about missing ports or bad weather pinkie.gif

Weddings must be arranged through TWE but we can get things started on your behalf with them. So contact us first!!

PM me for info on any Celebrity or Azamara cruises! Now is the time to plan & deposit for 2009 groups!

Also remember...Princess Cruise Line offers Weddings at Sea too!

Miami - (February 13, 2008 ) - The sailor's knot is known for being easy to tie but hard to break. Now, guests who wish to be married at sea by captains of Azamara Cruises' and Celebrity Cruises' ships will soon be able to "tie" their own steadfast "knot" at sea, when the lines launch legal, captain-led wedding ceremonies later this year to complement their existing vow renewal and in-port wedding offerings.

"While many of our guests come onboard seeking a once-in-a-lifetime wedding or vow renewal location, and weâ€ve been happy to provide them with in-port weddings led by a local official, their number-one request is for captains to perform the ceremony,†said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Azamara Cruises and Celebrity Cruises Vice President of Hotel Operations. “Now, weâ€re able to fulfill that wish, while sailing the open waters of the world."

Celebrity has long partnered with The Wedding Experience to offer onboard vow renewals at sea and in-port wedding ceremonies, and with the recent re-registration of seven of Celebrityâ€s eight ships in Malta, where Azamaraâ€s two ships also are registered, government regulations have changed to allow for captains to perform legal marriages while the ships sail the seas of the world.

Guests being married at sea by Azamara and Celebrity captains will be offered a variety of packages that include anything from private receptions in their shipâ€s specialty restaurant to cake, champagne, and more. Basic captain-performed wedding packages begin at $2,500. Guests should book their wedding in advance of their sailing in order to allow time for the processing of licenses and other legal documents.

Guests who wish to take their love to new heights may also delight in Celebrityâ€s unique offering on its cruisetours to Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge and The Hotel Alyeska. There, guests can be married or renew their vows amidst the breathtaking hanging glaciers of the Girdwood Valley, or with stunning views of Mt. McKinley as a backdrop. These ceremonies can take place from June to September, as part of a Celebrity Cruises pre-or post-voyage cruisetour.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics