Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tina82

tina82
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

I was wondering:
    How past brides got their wedding dresses to Jamaica?
    How did the airline handle your dress?
    What did you do with the dress after wedding?
    How future brides were getting their wedding dresses to Jamaica?
    what do you plan on doing with the dress after the wedding?

Thanks
    Christina

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

There are lots of threads that talk about traveling with your wedding dress:
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t25755
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31927

I flew on Delta. A stewardess took my dress & hung it in a closet.
      Once I got to ROR, I just hung it in the closet. When I looked at it, it was still perfect, no need for steaming. This was mainly because my dress was stuffed & in a garment bag.
      After the wedding, I put the dress back in its bag & that was that.
      As of today, its in DH's closet!

You'll be fine getting your dress to Jamaica. When you pick it up, make sure that its stuffed with tissue paper & maybe cardboard, that way it maintains its shape. Most stewardess' are pretty nice & if you're not allowed to hang your dress in one of the closets, you'll probably be able to lay it flat in one of the overhead bins.

#3 Indigo

Indigo
      • 120 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

What would I do without BDW. I hadn't really given much thought about how I would transport my dress. Thank you Tina and Justustwo.

#4 pintsize1

pintsize1
        • 165 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

i totally agree. i also just checked that we can only bring 2 luggages without the extra charge. after that is $50.

#5 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
          • 610 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

My parents flew down this morning on Spirit (they took the wedding gown for me).  The gown was considered a "personal item", so no charge.  There was no closet on the plane, but they laid it on top of all the carry-ons.  Mom said everything was just fine. :)

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#6 pintsize1

pintsize1
            • 165 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

That's great to hear.  

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

My parents flew down this morning on Spirit (they took the wedding gown for me).  The gown was considered a "personal item", so no charge.  There was no closet on the plane, but they laid it on top of all the carry-ons.  Mom said everything was just fine. :)

#7 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
              • 195 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:51 AM

These luggage fees are going to be the death of me!  My wedding party gifts are taking up more space than I thought... and now to deal with the wedding dress as well!  I hate to just show up at the airport with it and cross my fingers, but I have been told that hanging it in the closet is the best they can do.  Fingers crossed!

#8 dressmoon

dressmoon
                • Banned
                • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

maybe you will got about 2 month for your wedding dress,this is the tiem for your tailor,if you choose plus size wedding dress or unique wedding dress,maybe this is take longer,this will depend on your dress size.the airline will take about 3-5 days around

#9 willam

willam
                  • Banned
                  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

I ordered this dress and it arrived in 35 days!!! Beautifully made and packaged. If anyone is worried about ordering there wedding dress online, don't be.I decided to custom fit my dress as I am a size 8 and 5ft 10in and was a little worried that the preset length would be too short. I added on a few extra cm just to be safe and it's perfect.I love the dress and can't wait to wear it, thank u" www.dresshopping.com 

#10 alise

alise
                    • Banned
                    • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Excellent service. The dress is absolutely lovely. especially for the price!Thank you dresshopping.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users