Riu Renova Spa

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bpayne

• 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone gotten there hair and or makeup done the Riu's Renova Spa? Is it necessary to have a trial done?

#2 jamaica2009bride

• 123 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for asking this...I would like to know the same thing. Also did they do a good job??

#3 J&M

• 173 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

I didn't bother with the "trial" one...but I did take a pic with me to show her how i wanted it to look. I was happy with the way it turned out.

#4 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

J&M..yours looked great :)
          I am having mine done here by my hairstylist (she is full of ideas) and then we are going to take a bunch of pictures and have the ladies in Jamaica try and copy it.

#5 ccunningham

• 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

bpayne---I noticed you're getting married at the RIU Negril. I was married at ROR, but did get the hair trial done. For me, it was totally worth it, as I didn't really know what I wanted and it put my mind at ease. It is sooo expensive there by the time you get everything done (trial, hair, nails and I had my hair done for my TTD session). I discuss it at length on my review:

One word of advice, allow enough time! I got in almost a half hour late--Jamaican time! Needless to say, my nerves were going crazy sitting in the waiting room that whole time. Luckily, I had allowed enough time and it turned out well. There are lots of reviews on here about ROR's Renova Spa. I remember a few girls saying the makeup brushes and makeup looked old and used...

#6 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

I didn't do makeup, but did both the trial and the wedding day hair there. My trial was great, I loved it. I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do; I just let her do something she thought worked. And it was GREAT! That was my trial; great experience.

Showed up for my wedding day hair styling and the girl who did my trial was off that day. They had me written down as having a trial that morning - NOT wedding! Yikes! But all worked out fabulously - they were really great there. Not what my trial was, but I still was totally in love with my hair.
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 bpayne

• 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

Thanks so much for all of your advice. I do plan on going down with pictures. Actually my hairstylist at home is going to do and then I will take pictures of that. I couldnt believe the prices for the hair styles and makeup. All of your hair styles looke great! I feel better now.

#8 steph_held03

• 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

I did have my hair done and it turned out great. I was supposed to have a trial but then I found out the same girl would not doing my hair so I thought it was pointless. It did cost a lot of money....over $90, but turned out great. I did bring a pic along of what I wanted and it sort of turned out that way but better. They are super quick too.... I have really long hair and it probably only took 35 minutes to do it.

#9 bpayne

• 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

Thats good to hear becasue I have really long hair as well. I'm glad to hear it doesnt take long.

#10 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Is anyone else paying for their attendents hair?

Has anyone recently had their makeup done? If so how did it look? I may just bring my own makeup and brushes and have them do my makeup, but wondering if thats even worth it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users