Jump to content

Photo

Any Eldorado Seaside Brides??


  • Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#341 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
  • Jr. Member
  • 268 posts

    Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

    First of all I have to say... today is my 3 month MARK!!! AWWW!!! So exciting!!!

    Second I would like to ask where all my girls go?? Haven't heard from you ladies in a while!

    Question... what did you guys carry your rings in at the ceremony before you exchanged them? Did you have ring bearers? If not any suggestions would be helpful at this point.. trying to come up with maybe a shell that closes with sand in it to hold the rings? What do you guys think

    #342 edssbride09

    edssbride09
    • Jr. Member
    • 233 posts

      Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tracy_S
      First of all I have to say... today is my 3 month MARK!!! AWWW!!! So exciting!!!

      Second I would like to ask where all my girls go?? Haven't heard from you ladies in a while!

      Question... what did you guys carry your rings in at the ceremony before you exchanged them? Did you have ring bearers? If not any suggestions would be helpful at this point.. trying to come up with maybe a shell that closes with sand in it to hold the rings? What do you guys think
      No ring bearer since there are no kids allowed :-) Our Best Man had the rings in a box in his back pocket. One of my fav. pics is of this! No one would have noticed if it was in something special... worked for us!

      Congrats, 3 months will fly by!

      #343 SoonToBeE

      SoonToBeE
      • Jr. Member
      • 198 posts

        Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

        Hi Tracey 1 I've been MIA for a while but plan on posting more pieces of my review tomorrow (shameful that it's taken so long....but we have been busy!) We just bought a house, I got a new job and....well....life happened :)

        As for our rings. I carried them in our carry on on the plane and then we handed both in the ring box to the best man. I think he carried them in his hand? We didn't do anything special because it would have felt weird to have our groomsmen with a fancy shell or fancy pillow (he's so totally NOT that guy!). That worked for us, but I have seen some really great DW shells that look cool.

        Also - your dress looks lovely! You must be so excited! Your date is coming up soooo soon! It felt so long ago and now it's sneaking up on you! Hope all is going well!

        #344 Tracy_S

        Tracy_S
        • Jr. Member
        • 268 posts

          Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

          ok so I finished my programs finally today! I decided to make some just cause I loved the idea of the fan programs that a lot of other brides did... I also think I found what I will be doing with our rings during the ceremony since my fiance doesn't have a best man.. I bought a cool starfish from Michaels, and some white sand, and I happened to have a small glass cylinder that holds the sand and everything so I will put the rings on the arms of the starfish sitting in the sand! I love it! I can't wait to use it!!! I am soooo excited.. its coming up on 2 and a half months till the big day..... eek :)

          Oh question... do we still need to get a marriage licence from our province if we are marrying abroad If you could let me know that would be much appreciated!! Thanks all!!!

          #345 pinklady2510

          pinklady2510
          • Newbie
          • 5 posts

            Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

            Hi everyone we are getting married 2010 and we are very interested in the seaside suites, the problem is we cant find any wedding pics from this hotel does anyone have some they are willing to share or maybe a link to a web page that has them?

            Thanks

            #346 edssbride09

            edssbride09
            • Jr. Member
            • 233 posts

              Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pinklady2510
              Hi everyone we are getting married 2010 and we are very interested in the seaside suites, the problem is we cant find any wedding pics from this hotel does anyone have some they are willing to share or maybe a link to a web page that has them?

              Thanks
              My photographers still have some pics of my wedding on their site... MEXICO Destination Wedding Photography, Wedding Photojournalism throughout the Mayan Riviera just click on galleries, and there is one for EDSS on it which is mine. I have lots of pics i can share too, just PM me your email and I will send you some.

              Honestly it is a STUNNING place for a wedding!

              #347 SoonToBeE

              SoonToBeE
              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

                pinklady - here are some shots from our wedding: Jon Rennie on Vimeo I agree that the resort is stunning!

                Tracy - As for the marriage certificate I can tell you what the process is in Ontario. You'll have to check what the process is for your province, but I would be surprised if it's different for AB - especially since the process I used worked for changing my passport and my SIN number which are done on a national level - not the provincial level.

                We didn't do any Canada-specific paperwork for our wedding, but did make sure to get the legal wedding while down in Mexico. The official paperwork signed by the judge was enough to have the marriage recognised in Ontario. I had to get the paperwork translated by a certified ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpretors of Ontario) translator. I assume you will have to get yours translated by an ATIA translator. (ATIA Home Page).

                That is all the documentation that I needed. I did not need a marriage certificate - just the original documents and the translated versions - from there I was able to change my driver's licence, health card, SIN, Passport, banking etc. The process has been pretty good actually....much less painful than I thought.

                Actually, it's been much harder to get everything changed at work!

                #348 Tracy_S

                Tracy_S
                • Jr. Member
                • 268 posts

                  Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SoonToBeE
                  pinklady - here are some shots from our wedding: Jon Rennie on Vimeo I agree that the resort is stunning!

                  Tracy - As for the marriage certificate I can tell you what the process is in Ontario. You'll have to check what the process is for your province, but I would be surprised if it's different for AB - especially since the process I used worked for changing my passport and my SIN number which are done on a national level - not the provincial level.

                  We didn't do any Canada-specific paperwork for our wedding, but did make sure to get the legal wedding while down in Mexico. The official paperwork signed by the judge was enough to have the marriage recognised in Ontario. I had to get the paperwork translated by a certified ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpretors of Ontario) translator. I assume you will have to get yours translated by an ATIA translator. (ATIA Home Page).

                  That is all the documentation that I needed. I did not need a marriage certificate - just the original documents and the translated versions - from there I was able to change my driver's licence, health card, SIN, Passport, banking etc. The process has been pretty good actually....much less painful than I thought.

                  Actually, it's been much harder to get everything changed at work!
                  That is such great news! I was starting to freak out that I needed to be doing more here in Canada before we actually left, and anyone I have contacted about this hasn't got back to me on it! So that works great!

                  I am having a hard time right now trying to figure out what my dad should be wearing?? He has been asking me, but I have no idea what he should wear! Doesn't help that my fiance hasn't even picked what him and the GM are going to wear yet.. but any advice? Do you guys have pics of what your dad's wore?? I don't think he needs to match the boys, but I would like to tell him something he can wear... he's a rookie traveller too so all this seems to stress him out a bit... eek and my fiance has already told me he's not being fancy with a suit or anything so my dad shouldn't either! Any advice girls Help!! lol

                  #349 edssbride09

                  edssbride09
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 233 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tracy_S
                    That is such great news! I was starting to freak out that I needed to be doing more here in Canada before we actually left, and anyone I have contacted about this hasn't got back to me on it! So that works great!

                    I am having a hard time right now trying to figure out what my dad should be wearing?? He has been asking me, but I have no idea what he should wear! Doesn't help that my fiance hasn't even picked what him and the GM are going to wear yet.. but any advice? Do you guys have pics of what your dad's wore?? I don't think he needs to match the boys, but I would like to tell him something he can wear... he's a rookie traveller too so all this seems to stress him out a bit... eek and my fiance has already told me he's not being fancy with a suit or anything so my dad shouldn't either! Any advice girls Help!! lol
                    Tracy, I can't help with the marriage certificate stuff, since we took the easy way and made it legal before hand... plus i didn't change my name to make it even easier!

                    But my dad wore khakis, sandals (I bought them for him so they would not be too strappy or ugly!), an off white shirt with some white palms embroidered on it (it was totally him)... and then he showed up to my room with a hat on, and asked if I wanted him to wear the hat or not... I hadn't thought of putting a hat on him, but he looked great, and it was him. He isn't a fancy person, and everyone LOVED what he wore....

                    #350 Tracy_S

                    Tracy_S
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 268 posts

                      Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

                      Oh ok thats cool! I think by the sounds of things the marriage certificate the resort provides is all the legal info we need back home in order to be legally married!!!

                      So great news!! I had the resort do up a mock cake for me before the big day as the rumoured resorts aren't known for their cakes.. and based off my sketches and pieced together pictures of the details I want... they did a pretty sweet job! They got one color of the iced flowers wrong, orange instead of yellow.. and the fondant monogram of our initials I would like spaced closer together... other than that it was great!!! So excited! And so glad I had it done!!! I am stoked now! Makes it seem all the more real now!!! Only cost me 45 dollars to!! Its just been added to my final bill!! Which isn't coming out to near half what I thought it would be!!! 2 months and counting!!! SO EXCITED!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users