• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#191 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

p.s.
    Translation of Marraige certificate...

they will offer to do it for you and send it to you for $90US. I didn't want it to disappear onto the abiss.. so we declined the service, brought it home and had it translated by a certified spanish to english transltor in Sk, and then notarized by a lawyer I work with. Done in 2 weeks. and only cost my $70CND for the translator to do the small marraige licence. (---- we needed it for our catholic belssing this weekend, thankgoodness I didn't wait for the mexican translator to send it out)

#192 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
    • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

Ok ladies... just found out some crazy news... ergg.. I may have to change my wedding date! I really really don`t want to! Turns out those points we were hoping to use for most of our guests isn`t turning out the way it should!! Only 7 people are able to get flights and its not a direct flight.. a stop over in Toronto... what all did you guys do to get your guests all booked.. ‰... how do I turn that off

I am very upset today as my fiance`s mom and sisters are all trying to tell him and me that we need to change our date, cause the only time signature flies around my wedding date is nov 1st to 8th.. and people are complaining that they really don`t want to leave a day after the wedding... so for the 7 people that can use flights we can fly out nov 3rd to 10th like we tried to get everyone else but now I have to try and figure out how to get everyone else there for possibly the 4th to 11th... but Signature doesn`t fly.. did you guys book signature... or is there any other company that can sell us flights and my TA is not telling me the truth... any help ladies‰... errr

Sorry I am super upset....

#193 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
      • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tracy_S
        what all did you guys do to get your guests all booked..

I am very upset today as my fiance`s mom and sisters are all trying to tell him and me that we need to change our date, cause the only time signature flies around my wedding date is nov 1st to 8th.. and people are complaining that they really don`t want to leave a day after the wedding... so for the 7 people that can use flights we can fly out nov 3rd to 10th like we tried to get everyone else but now I have to try and figure out how to get everyone else there for possibly the 4th to 11th... but Signature doesn`t fly.. did you guys book signature... or is there any other company that can sell us flights and my TA is not telling me the truth... any help ladies‰... errr

Sorry I am super upset....
        Hey there - Signature is the only operator in Canada who offers trips to EDSS. I know, it sucks. We are flying our travel agent out and booking land (hotel) only with Signature (flexibility with dates) and then booking a flight with a different Airline. I think that's more expensive but it wrks. It sounds like this is what you are doing, so Signature should be able to offer you some flexibility on your dates.

For most of our guests we booked the trip through Signature, but a select few booked land only with Signature then booked their own flight.

I do agree that you will probably not want your guests to fly out the day after your wedding. We moved our wedding date back a day with the resort and it was as simple as a small email. It sounds like that is not an option. Is there a reason why you are stuck on that specific date?

Sorry to hear about the stress......we had people complain about our dates and in the end we moved our wedding back a day to accomodate them. And then they ended up not coming. I wish we had stuck with our original date because now we have people leaving 2 days after the wedding which still feels too soon.....

Good luck....

#194 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
        • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah we are doing the land only thing too and thats where we found out yesterday about the flights available.

Which airline did you go through for the tickets and if you don`t mind how much more or how much in general were the tickets.. I asked my Fiance if he checked flights and said there were no direct flights from Calgary.. are yours direct.. if you could let me know the airline and such that would be great!

Thanks!

#195 jonrennie

jonrennie
          • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Tracy, sorry to hear about your trouble, but I can help you turn off the problem with your ‰ and other keyboard trouble.
            It's a problem with the language setting in Vista, I get it too. It switches to Canadian French sometimes and you have to change it back to US. To change it back go to your control panel, regional and language settings, keyboard and languages tab, click change keyboards...
            Have the default language as "English (Canada) - US". You may be able to remove the french and multilingual options below that to help stop the problem from happening again.

Hope that helps.

#196 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
            • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

I actually did that.. found all the spots you are talking about and deleted it,, and look it still does it‰‰‰‰‰ it doesn`t make sense! I am chatting to my sister on msn and its not doing it to me there!! WTF... lol

#197 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
              • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

EEEEEEE is right - we booked through expedia actually. I would search there. I'm not sure what everyone ended up flying. I know Jon is flying US Airways.

I just checked Expedia and it looks like there are direct flights from Calgary to Cancun....but they're $1150. Connecting flights are $541.....

Good luck!

#198 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
                • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

You can check it ourt here: http://www.expedia.c....d=nhp_flight.e

Another option is that you can check out sell off vacations and see what their flight only costs are. I have found some decent deals on there. Their dates can be restrictive, as the tickets are for openings on charter flights by vacation operators that are headed down to Mexico.

SellOffVacations.com - Guaranteed Lowest Price!

Hope that helps too....

#199 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
                  • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Sorry...I just had another thought - if you are booking multiple flights you may want to look into getting a group deal from an airline. Most airlines will give you a group deal if you have 10 people flying on the same flight. I see that the direct flight from Calgary to Cancun is an Air Canada flight - you can call Air Canada's fgroups department to see what they can give you. I think the general rule of thumb is 10-15% off.

#200 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
                    • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prairiegirl
                      p.s.
                      Translation of Marraige certificate...

they will offer to do it for you and send it to you for $90US. I didn't want it to disappear onto the abiss.. so we declined the service, brought it home and had it translated by a certified spanish to english transltor in Sk, and then notarized by a lawyer I work with. Done in 2 weeks. and only cost my $70CND for the translator to do the small marraige licence. (---- we needed it for our catholic belssing this weekend, thankgoodness I didn't wait for the mexican translator to send it out)
                      Thanks for the info - I think we are going to do this as well - who do you bring the document to to confirm that you are married in Canada?

Also - are you going to post your pics soon? I would love to see them before I go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users