Any Eldorado Seaside Brides??

sad.gif Seems I am the only girl still posting on this thread anymore... what happened? Anyways, just thought I would let you know that I just put the deposit down for my private dinner and photographer package! I feel great! I love getting little accomplishments done like that! So now everything is confirmed... just have to get there and do it now! And pay for the final bill of course... wow it feels good to be so far ahead of the game at this stage!! Still gots loads of time to wait and change my mind if the need be... but I doubt I will!

Have you guys done your AHR yet?? If so how did they go and did you guys wear your dresses again and all that??

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah AHR was awsome.. wore the dress again... AND have since sold it already.. YIKES... I am kinda sad I sold it... so I was asking for more than I paid (cause I got a killer deal)... and sold it for $650. to the first person who come to look at it. (would have cost $1300 off the rack). haha

but I just noticed my photographer used our wedding on thier wed site, check it out....

IMO there were LOTS more and better pics.. but these are the 'different' ones...

Mexican Wedding Photos & Videos | Wedding photographers

Hi Everyone!

I'm leaving for EDSS in 1 month and 1 week, and I get married in 44 days. I am so ridiculously excited.

My favors just came in- I got parasols for the bridesmaids and moms, fans, cameras, and picture frames for everyone else.

my FI and I have decided on what we want for the reception, but we're going to handle most of those details on site- we've heard you get better prices if you wait.

I've had my first fitting and there are barely any alterations to be made!

My bachelorette is in 2 weeks. My shower is in 3.

The only things left on my to do list is to finish the OOT bags, and to shop for clothes to wear for two weeks! ( I lost a ton of weight a few years ago, and the summer wardrobe never caught up, but now I have an excuse!)

aaaand Today is the one year anniversary of getting engaged... I even got a text from my sweeting saying "Guess what? I've been engaged to the prettiest girl in the world for a year!" I can't believe he even remembered the date.

ACK- so excited I can hardly think!!! I haven't taken a vacation in years, and I've never taken a vacation at a place like this!

And I get to get MARRIED! to my Josh!!!

I love all of you for letting me be all sqeally- I'm sure my friends are sick of it!

--Casey

OH thats awesome for you!!! I can't wait to hear all about your wedding there!! I am soooo excited for mine... its still over 5 months away and the wait is killing me!!!! lol...Which reception are you doing? And which photographers did you go with? One of their approved ones or one of your ownhuh.gif Congrats on the one year anniversary... yay! :)

K question to you ladies already married here!!! Valeria is saying I need to have 150USD marriage translation in order to have my licence registered back home... is that the same thing you guys opted out of and just brought back home with you to have translated? Cause I could have sworn it was only 90US beforehuh.gif Am I wrong...? Is this a new piece of information that I need?? If you could clarify this for me ladies it would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Hi Tracey! Things have been so crazy here, I can't believe that I still haven't finished my review. I did some more work on it yesterday so hopefully will post something in the next few days. I want to get it finished soon! I've just been travelling so much. Actually...I'm in Calgary right now!

As for your question, you do NOT need to get your documents translated before you leave Mexico, actually in our case it would not have been accepted as an official translation by the Ontario government. I went to get my documents changed at Service Canada and they turned me away because I had not used an ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario) certified translator. They stated they would not accept any translations from any other translators.

I assume you may run into the same issue in Alberta, and I found their equivalent of the ATIO - the ATIA: ATIA Home Page. I contacted a few in Ontario and asked for their rates and ended up getting ours done for around $50 Canadian in a matter of a few days. I have heard about other brides waiting months to get their translated documents back from the resort as well.

Once I had my proper translation I went to a Service Canada and was able to get my license and health card changed in about 30 minutes, here is the list of Service Canada locations in Calgary: Find a Service Canada Centre Near You it's better to go there because you can change everything at once.

Hope this helps. Once I figured out the translation piece it was pretty easy.....now I just have to wait for my new documents to arrive!

Your wedding is getting so close! You must be so excited!

ATIA Home Page

Wow thats awesome info!!! Thanks for the heads up!! That was one area I was completely clueless on!!!! Yeah I've missed you guys on this forum for some time!!! lol

Almost 5 months away now!!! I am soooo excited... still seems like its far away but closer than 6 months anyways!! :) BTW I am excited to finish reading your review! They are sooo very informative!!!

OMG!!! I am so excited I just had to post before the end of the day was over!!! My ticker is saying exactly 5 months!!! AHHHH!!!! I cannot wait! Wow its coming along a lot faster than I first thought... I don't know why 5 months seems so close as opposed to the 6 month mark.... wow.... yay!!! Thanks for listening to my girly excitement!!! TTYL!!

Tracey, I can image how excited you must be...you are going to have the best time! I'm bummed that ours is all over becuase it truly is the best time you'll ever have!

AND I should be posting another looooong review in the next day or so. I'll let you know once I do!