My FI Just Lost His Job....this stupid economy

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 arhoyaltres

• 154 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

So we are leaving for Mexico in 15 days and guess what....my fiance lost his job today, which caught us totally off guard because he was actually up for a decent raise this year!!! During his performance feedback (where he thought he was going to get a raise) they said that they were eliminating his position & if he wanted to he could head home today. Apparently, they are having to downsize his department (he's an IT analyst) and since he's only been with the company for 13 months...he got the boot...along with most of the other people who started around the same time he did.

This is definitely not how I thought my day was going to go and I could do without the additional stress.

#2 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

awww I'm so sorry Ra'Shunda - this economy is the pits!!

#3 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I dont even know what to say

#4 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

{{{{BIG HUGS}}}} That totally sucks! I'm so sorry

#5 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

The timing is well, the timing is shit sorry, this has happened.I hope he finds something else soon.Im sure there is a lot more to come.Try and stay positive dont let it put a wedge between you both b4 you set off for your wedding

#6 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

oh holy jeez! that really bites the big one so sorry you have to deal with this now, of all times. just picture sandy beaches and sun&fun and try to relax and have fun. you guys can deal with it and come home to figure it out later.

#7 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

Oh I'm so sorry. You don't need to be worrying about this a few weeks before your wedding. I'll say a prayer that something comes up quick for him.

#8 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

I'm sorry that sucks. I hope he finds something better real soon.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 FutureMrsRobinson

• 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

I'm sorry to here. God might be preparing your FI for something even better. My FI (he's also in IT) and I both went through job struggles this year and we both landed on our feet and in jobs we love. Try to stay positive and remember sometimes we can't see the blessing because of the storm.

#10 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

I'm so sorry that you and your FI are having to go through this right now... having friends that work(ed) on Wall Street, I've seen way too much of this recently. I'm sure he'll pick himself up and be back to work in no time. Who knows.... this could be a blessing in disguise. Chin up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users