Sign in to follow this  
AmyInMI

Question about cake in Mexico

I like Tres Leches cake but I don't know why she said that it's the typical cake served at weddings in Mexico, I've never had Tres Leches cake at a wedding..

We are having tres leches with strawberries and white chocolate inbetween the layers. We tasted during our site visit in Feb and it was yummy!

I've never had Tres leches cake,, Hmm I wonder what places around here would have them. OH GOD don't get me started on cake again.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
I've never had Tres leches cake,, Hmm I wonder what places around here would have them. OH GOD don't get me started on cake again.. lol
Tammy, back away from the cake subject. I forbid you to discuss it anymore. roflmao!
bunny_4.gif bunny_4.gif

lol.. I know.. I was telling Cain this weekend what I "finally" decided on with the cake and he throws me a loop saying he wants our monogram on the cakes (individual cakes) So I email Deena today and she said she thinks it would be too busy having the monogram and seashells. now I have to figure how what I will do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
lol.. I know.. I was telling Cain this weekend what I "finally" decided on with the cake and he throws me a loop saying he wants our monogram on the cakes (individual cakes) So I email Deena today and she said she thinks it would be too busy having the monogram and seashells. now I have to figure how what I will do about it.
omg too funny! Jeff always does that to me too- just when I think I have something all figured out, THEN he decides to have an opinion! lol
Can you put shells on the side and the monogram on the top?

it must be a guy thing because steve does the same thing to me, it drives me nuts! Why can't he give me his opinion when I originally ask for it, not when I've finally made a decision!

Yeah that's an option. Do you girls think it would be too much going on, with a small individual cake having our monogram on the top and shells on the side?

No, Tammy - I don't think it'd be too much. Keep the seashells small enough, and the monogram simple (limit the loops and twirls!) and I think it'd be a nice touch!