One fo the GM has bailed...

caroline

We leave for Jamaica on this day, in three weeks time.

I just received an e-mail from one of the groomsmen, asking if I'd spoken to Matthew... and had he told me that he isn't going to make it...

So now there will be a MOH, 2 BM's, a jrBM and TWO groomsmen. WTF?!!

I'm sorry Caroline - I would be upset as well since it is only 3 weeks notice. I know it is hard, but try not to worry about it - it is your day, and you will have fun no matter what!

If you are worried about photos - I'm sure your photographer has experienced wedding parties being uneven before - and he/she will know how to work with it and make the pictures look good.

thats too bad sad.gif

a lot of people these days are going with uneven numbers in their bridal parties, but i know i would feel like you too if it had happened to me sad.gif we're not a lot of people!

People do things sometimes that leave you speechless and grappling with the total insanity of it all. It will not be the end of the world at all as I too have uneven parties so just think for the ceremony that you can have folks already standing up there or single file march, etc. There are definitely doable options for managing this so try not to stress...I am curious what was his reasoning for canceling?

I had an issue with the uneven wedding party ... but it all worked out ... Jay's dad just sorta steped in and worked it all out ... walked my down the isle (as orig planned) and then went up and stood with Jay (not planned at all). Nothing really matters on the day... anyway... I cried like hell after everyone bagged us 1 BM and 2 GM.. but in the end, everyone that came... really cared to be at our wedding.. that is what truely makes it special.

$$$

We were looking into seeing if we could help him out but it's really just not possible. Whatever! I'm not going to let it ruin the day. Thanks for the single file/photo-idea... Though I'm sure Josh would have thought of that... wink.gif

Oh, if I hadn't mentioned it (and I know I haven't) that wonderful photographer Josh Brown is going to shoot our photographs!

To hell with the GM. It's all going to go off like a dream! (I'll keep telling myself that)

I totally understand your pain. We dealt with the same thing. We actually just got confirmation from the BEST MAN that he was going to go this past Monday. It's strange how some folks can be so inconsiderate, especially when we bought the bridal parties clothes. I wonder why he waited so late to tell you & when was he planning on letting you know? That's additional stress that you really do not need!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics