suggestion for an untraditional wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

I love the first one, but it all boils down to what you feel more comfortable in
    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#12 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

I really like the first dress!! You can also try Wedding Dresses, Prom Dresses and Designer Wedding Dresses for some prom dresses as well.

#13 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

Have you looked at Jenny Packham? She has awesome non-traditional wedding and ready-to-wear dresses!

Jenny Packham

#14 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

They are both stunning!!!
          I am also considering a non-traditional gown; but you never know.. I may go back to traditional by time I buy one.
          All of the suggestions on here are good ones for non-traditional gowns.

I also am a huge fan of Nicole Miller gowns. I am considering getting one myself... she has some amazing colors and shapes. Although, they may be a bit more tame than what you are looking for. =)Long Dresses - Nicole Miller Official Store

Also, check out this site; they have location in Manhattan.. but you can find most of their dresses at department stores or the designers stores. And they have a great return policy.
          Formal Gowns and Dresses

#15 Leanna4

• 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

Thank You all so so much. it makes me feel better about doing it a little different. i know my mom is having a hard time with it but she is coming around. i just want to feel like me. Thank You all so much and Ayita for the other suggestions. and I LOVE YOUR DRESS! The back is so amazing. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!

#16 Leanna4

• 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

MelB thanks too. i really like Jenny Packham. Her designs are awesome. Thanks and Sunset Bride. I like Nicole Miller too. Make sure to post pics of what dress you decide on. And again thanks to everyone else.

#17 MrsSmigs

• 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

Vegas weddings are always so much fun! I've been to a few the last couple of years. Either one of those dresses will be great for partying in Sin City after your wedding! :)
                I love that you aren't doing a traditional look at all! I really like them both, but I think the second one is a bit more formal, so that might be more appropriate for the wedding! :) Congrats and look foward to seeing pictures! :)

#18 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

I love the 2nd dress also! Its fabulous.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#19 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

They are beautiful! Have you tried BCBG? They tend to have lots of long gowns with color. Also I would check Bluefly and search for evening dresses.

#20 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

Ok, so I want the first one. I love it so much!

I think if you are untraditional, then go untraditional. Everyone has different ideas. Like I am very anti-big-puffy-dresses, and I didn't want to be traditional either. My wedding dress was a couture dress, but really it was more the style of an evening gown (being very fitted and sleek) with a train. Do what makes you happy!

Have you attempted to try on dresses like this and imagine you on your wedding day in them? If so, then go all out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users