best shoes for nurses?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

i know there are a lot of doctors/nurses on this forum so i have a question. my sister is in nursing school and for christmas she wants a real pair of nursing shoes. i think now she is just getting by with what she has, so for christmas i want to get her the best pair i can, cause i am so proud of her! :)

any recommendations on nursing shoes?

any thoughts on dansko? they seem to get good reviews.

#2 Inked1

• 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

A Dr. I worked with swore by her Danskos, I never found them that comfortable. I live by my Merrell shoes (specifically their "Jungle Moc" style)

#3 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

Danskos are really great, but you have to give them some time, they will from to your foot, but you really have to break them in or they are very uncomfortable.

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

I agree danskos are the most comfortable.

#5 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

I have to go with Crocs - I swear these are the best, most comfortable shoes for 12 hours on my feet that I've ever owned. My occ health dept doesnt like us to wear them, but my knees and lower back dont hurt as much when I wear my Crocs as when I wear my other shoes (Saucony's or Asics) However, Crocs are contra-ban in most hospitals.

#6 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

My FI's mom is a nurse and she loves to wear crocs...

#7 bride2b08

• 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

i am a believer of crocs too!! i love them. i have 3 pairs.. when i first graduated i bought a pair of dansko's and really liked them the first 3 months and then they killed my feet.. but i have heard merrell's are good too!! tough decision..

#8 Michelle

• Banned
                • 302 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:08 AM

i am not a nurse...but just spend two weeks in hospital and alot of the nurses seemed to be wearing crocs

#9 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:50 AM

Danskos are the only way to go for me! I work 40-60 hrs a week in the hospital on my feet and I swear it's the only way I survive. I've worn Crocs, Birks, all sorts of tennis shoes and always come back to Danskos. I even wear them at home now I'm so spoiled by them... I have 5 pairs :)

They take about a week to break in, and they feel REALLY strange until you're used to them, but stick with it.

Here's my newest pair, my second pair of patent leather Danskos- I get comments on these constantly!:

Click the image to open in full size.

#10 michaelwachniak

• 271 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

+1 on the crocs! Not only are they great for nurses (my mom works in the ER and swears by them) but they are great for everyday! Also great slippers for around the house! kinda nerdy but SO comfortable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users