Sign in to follow this  
katrina

best shoes for nurses?

i know there are a lot of doctors/nurses on this forum so i have a question. my sister is in nursing school and for christmas she wants a real pair of nursing shoes. i think now she is just getting by with what she has, so for christmas i want to get her the best pair i can, cause i am so proud of her! :)

any recommendations on nursing shoes?

any thoughts on dansko? they seem to get good reviews.

tia!! cheer2.gif

A Dr. I worked with swore by her Danskos, I never found them that comfortable. I live by my Merrell shoes (specifically their "Jungle Moc" style)

I have to go with Crocs - I swear these are the best, most comfortable shoes for 12 hours on my feet that I've ever owned. My occ health dept doesnt like us to wear them, but my knees and lower back dont hurt as much when I wear my Crocs as when I wear my other shoes (Saucony's or Asics) However, Crocs are contra-ban in most hospitals.

i am a believer of crocs too!! i love them. i have 3 pairs.. when i first graduated i bought a pair of dansko's and really liked them the first 3 months and then they killed my feet.. but i have heard merrell's are good too!! tough decision..

Danskos are the only way to go for me! I work 40-60 hrs a week in the hospital on my feet and I swear it's the only way I survive. I've worn Crocs, Birks, all sorts of tennis shoes and always come back to Danskos. I even wear them at home now I'm so spoiled by them... I have 5 pairs :)

They take about a week to break in, and they feel REALLY strange until you're used to them, but stick with it.

Here's my newest pair, my second pair of patent leather Danskos- I get comments on these constantly!:

Click the image to open in full size.