Photo

Real Flowers vs. Silk Flowers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Ladies... I need some help. My wedding package includes flowers but I noticed alot of you are ordering silk flowers. Why? Is there something I need to know?
    As usual, your opionions are greatly appreciated!!!

#2 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

The samples the resort gave me to choose from were not what I had in mind.

I was advised that I had to wait until I got there (which means no firm price) and me being me was afraid that I wouldn't like my bouquet. So by going with natural touch flowers, I can see my flowers before hand and make sure I have exactly what I want and stay within my budget.

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

I am doing silk flowers so that I am sure I will get what I want. The only flowers included in my wedding package are the bouquet and groom's bout, and since we wanted a few more things, and I want them all to match, I decided to go with silk. You might want to see what the bouquets look like for your wedding package, you may not like what they have to offer, unless you're not picky. I think most resorts only offer a few selections, you can't get whatever you like as you would at a florist at home.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Another thing to consider is that you cannot bring your bouquet back across the US border. Most bridal bouquets here and abroad are $100+ depending on the flowers that you want. I didn't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars on flowers that we had to throw out. Now I have my bouquet and a BM bouquet as a keepsake.

Also, if you want specific flowers, like calla lilies, they can be really expensive. Sometimes it is cheaper to DIY or have them done in a high quality silk

#5 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
          • 202 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help. Now I know I want silk flowers also!

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

My reasons are totally different I guess. I am highly allergic to pollen and I don't want to be miserable while holding my bouquet. Carla

#7 leahstafford

leahstafford
              • 713 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

I ordered silk flowers because I love that I can keep them! Right now (yr after my wedding almost) and they are in a vase in my dining room. I love looking at them and have people think they are always real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users