"The Straw That Broke This Camel's Back"

sunsetbride1

I am not sure of the right place to post this .. Mod's I am sorry if this should be in the Beauty, Excersize Forum or something!!!

Ok, so I haven't weighed myself in the 3 years since I have been with Fh.. I have never really worried about my weight as I have always been athletic and very petite.. All my life I have been underweight.

Well, I have been feeling particularly fat lately and with the wedding coming out I figured I would buy a scale to see how much extra weight I have really put on. Honestly, I assumed it was maybe 10-15 pounds at the most.

I was sooo wrong!!! In three years, I have put on 30 pounds. 30 POUNDS IN 3 YEARS.. who does that? What have I done to myself?

I looked at the scale and completely lost it.. I am sure it was other stressful things as well; but this just DID IT (with work stress, wedding planning, etc..). I was literally crying on kitchen floor. I NEVER cry.. Fh did not know what to do. I give him a lot of credit; he was VERY supportive and still is..

But, I am still freaking out! This is why I can't find a wedding dress I like and why I don't like any of them on me; b/c I have gained SO much weight.

So, I was on the phone with one of my Bm's last night and she suggested WeightWatchers online program bc honestly I have no time to do anything that involves meetings or going to a gym. I work 12-14 hour days usually and have a 3 hours commute to and from work.

Okay, so pity party has ended and I have to take control.. Thanks for listening ladies. I am so completely mad at myself for allowing this ... smile105.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I gained 35 pounds in 10 months when I quit smoking 7 years ago oops.gif

Just get back on the horse, it'll come off if you put your mind to it! Im in the same boat with work and commuting. I work 12 hour shift work and commute an hour there and an hour back. It's hard to fit gym, boxing, hockey and eating half decent into that kind of shitty schedule, but it can be done. Good luck to ya!

I'm sorry that you were upset! I'm glad that your FI was there for you. I don't know what it is about us women and our weight issues. But you seem like a strong willed person, and even though you are on such a stressful schedule, I believe you can get back on track. A lady I work with takes a walk on her lunch break everyday and has been able to lose all her baby weight from her last pregnancy, with just the walking and eating right.

You can do it!! If you get down on yourself or more stressed out, you always have the BDW girls to vent to. You know we will be there for you!

Good luck with everything :)

If it makes you feel any better I put on 15 pounds in 7 months when I first met my FI. We were always eating out and drinking. Since then I'm back to the weight I was when we started dating, but it was that initial jump on the scale shocked me as well. I thought maybe 5 or 6 lbs, but not 15! Writing down what you eat is huge, drinking a lot of water has also been very helpful for me.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your experiences with me!! It actually makes me feel a bit better to know that this is not unusual.

Mind you, for me, it doesn't make IT better... but easier to deal with knowing I am not alone.

Okay, Im going to find a way to track everything I eat and I added the weight loss calculator to my siggy to keep myself accountable.

Maybe WW is the way to go.. I will post on that forum to see what's up and what ppl think.

Thank you again everyone...

*Sigh* this too shall pass!!!

Hey! I do WW Online and so does my fiance. If you stick to it, it really works. Plus, it's very reasonably priced, if you ask me. I've had a couple REALLY bad weeks so I've been stalled at a 6 pound loss, but since I only want to lose 15, I'm almost halfway there! I have the time to work out, but no ambition to do so, so if I can do the WW thing, I'm all for it. I know eventually I'll hop on the workout bandwagon again, but for now, WW is good enough. Good luck!!!!!

I was in the same boat you are. Since I met FH, I gained 30-35 lbs in 3 yrs! I finally realized how big I got when I saw pics of me this past summer at a friend's bacherlorette party and I was like, "What fat girl ate me??" wtf.gif I used to be 125 lbs when FH first met me.

So, I went on Nutrisystem and I've lost 24 lbs so far since Aug. I stopped Nutrisystem in October, but it really taught me to eat several times a day and to watch portion control. I really could eat what I wanted, but I just had to be careful how much of it I ate. I want to lose 10 more lbs but I'm trying to do it on my own by watching what I eat. It's not as fast as when I was on Nutrisystem, but it's still slowly coming off. I used to be able to eat a huge/large meal in one sitting. Now, I can split it up into about 4 normal meals. I couldn't believe I was packing away that much in 1 sitting.

And the NS food was pretty decent. So 10 more lbs and I'll be happy. 20 more lbs would be ideal, but I'm not pushing that hard for it. Don't want to be anorexic or anything. Just want my wedding pics to look good. Luckily, I have plenty of time till then.

FYI - Nutrisystem has a free online forum you can join that also lets you track calories. And their calorie tracker has a lot of common name brand foods such as fast foods, frozen foods, etc. I found it really useful. G'luck with the weight loss! I know how tough it can be.

cheer2.gifcheer2.gifcheer2.gif

I hear ya girl! The first year that my FI and I started dating, I gained 20 lbs...from junk food and lack of activity. I'm STILL trying to get the weight off as over the years I had gained another 20 lbs (well over about 7 years). So last winter I set out to lose this weight that I shouldn't have gained, I'm half way there with 20 lbs down and 20 lbs to go. I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed about this though! sad.gif

My best advice, as others upthread have said, is to eat 5-6 small meals/day and make sure that each meal has a good balance of protein for satiety, carbs for energy, and fat because a little fat is good for you (I have about 8g fat/meal as per my PT's direction).

You're athletic (as you said), so you should have no problem bouncing back I'm sure. We're here for you!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBebe View Post
I finally realized how big I got when I saw pics of me this past summer at a friend's bacherlorette party and I was like, "What fat girl ate me??"
That is too funny! smile120.gif I think lots of us have had that moment - whether seeing a picture or the number on the scale :)

I lost 25 pounds on WW, so I know it can be done! I have another 5 to go for the wedding since I will be in a bikini in front of family & friends. Tracking is great...and it teaches you to pay attention to how much you consume!