Starting to look for a WC on the Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

Hi everyone,

so we're getting married on May 2nd 2009 in a small boutique hotel in Playa Xcalacoco, a small place between Puerto Morelos and Playa Del Carmen. They don't have wedding packages, nor their own WC (they just recommended me one but I'm totally free to pick up whomever I want). We are going on our site visit on Dec 18, 19, 20 and hope to meet with a shortlist of WC (hopefully not more than 2 or 3)...

We will be married legally already (a nightmare to do the formalities for French civil registry if doing it in Mexico), and I don't know yet if I want a spiritual, traditional wedding, or a Mayan ceremony (but not the one with the circle, the other one...). I do know I want a simple set-up : an arch or a canopy, chairs or benches, flowers, that's about it. I will of course need help finding my vendors (cake - not provided by the hotel - hairdresser, make up artist, etc).

Would you guys have anyone to recommend ? I've started to look over the web but there are so many ! Here are the ones I found so far :

Paradise weddings 

Micas de Miralls

Papillon Weddings

Caribbean Blue Weddings

Cancun Weddings 

Weddings in Playa 

Weddings Riviera Maya 

and of course our forum member Yazmin de la Mora 

I obviously don't know any of them. Any hint, suggestion, comment, review, is welcome.

Thanks in advance !

Ayita

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

Well girl you've certainly got a good list going of all the WCs in the area. I've heard tons of good stuff about all on your list If you look through the Cancun/RM section under vendors I'm sure you'll find some great insight from brides who have retained their services.

As far as hair and makeup ~ I'm working on that one. But as soon as I get something solid, I'll share what I come up with!!!!

For a cake vendor ~ I'll throw my bakery in the hat Click the image to open in full size.

#3 Ayita

Ayita
      • 861 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

Awesome ! I did not want a cake... FI did... this looks like a good compromise... let me talk to him !!!

As regards WC - I tried to find reviews but did not ! I need "the forum search for dummies" book I'm in contact with the girl from Papillon and she sounds like the right one though ! She's specialized in symbolic weddings, she promotes my hotel, she works with the photographer I picked (claudia Rodriguez) and she speaks French :) Lots of perks I got a good contact with her on the phone... we'll see ! I feel she could be the one !

#4 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
        • 415 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

I recently read a thread about a bride on this board using Ajua Weddings. Type that in the search and see what you an pull up. She highly recommended this wedding planner and her wedding was perfect. Good luck!

#5 Ayita

Ayita
          • 861 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Thanks ! I will look it up. Also I typed "papillon" and it actually came back with 11 hits (7 of which were relevant which is my best search ever ). All positive and I must say, Juliette has been super responsive so far (if I compare to the other 2 persons I've been in contact with, it's a bit night and day).

#6 mollyvog

mollyvog
            • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

Ayita - What's the name of the resort you are staying at?

Thanks!
              molly

#7 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

It's not a resort - it's a boutique hotel called Le Reve.

#8 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
                • Vendor
                • 237 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Both Yasmin de la Mora and ourselves (PlayaWeddings) live in Xcalacoco, just up the street from Le Reve.

It's a great spot on a great beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users