11 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

i just wanted to remind everyone that solicitations by vendors AND brides are not allowed. It is so innapropriate to pm/email a member about a vendor that you are using unsolicited.

I have received dozens of pms from members that were uncomfortable because they were solicited by another member/vendor and they did not know how to handle it.

there is no warning on this matter. if you solicit, you are banned.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

bump...recently we have had a bunch of complaints about members pming newbies and trying to solicit their photographer, wedding coordinator, travel agent.

this is not allowed. it makes new members very uncomfortable when they have just joined the forum to get a bunch of pms to use another members vendor.

we have had members pm the same message to dozens of noobies regardless of what they posted. if you are caught doing this, you will be banned at our discretion.

if a member solicits, please forward to me or one of the moderators.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

Unbelievable!!!! people really think that they are going to get away with but have no idea how many members forward us this crap!

#4 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
    • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Thank you, I was unaware of this problem! I hope it's not a problem anymore. It's just not right! As a bride, we choose what we like and want, not something forced upon.
      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
      Happily ever after...

#5 SSNM

SSNM
      • 675 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

Umm...just want to be clear, because I have posted information about good places I come across but it has always been in response to someone asking for the information...or if I think it is a really good find, then I share it. Is that okay?

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SSNM
          Umm...just want to be clear, because I have posted information about good places I come across but it has always been in response to someone asking for the information...or if I think it is a really good find, then I share it. Is that okay?
          yes. brides/members sharing good information is allowed, and encouraged, actually.

#7 bikegirl

bikegirl
          • Banned
          • 319 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

^ Actually, I believe there is a restriction to sharing information. If it is a travel agent, then you cannot post it, even in the correct sub-forum...even if someone is asking for it (the situation mentioned in dragonsparks' post) since BDW has its own travel agents.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

1. the member asking about why this other member was banned was ACTUALLY the original banned member coming back to stir up trouble and has been banned again.

2. bikergirl is right. you are allowed to share information about your vendors but as a courtesy to me and the other TA's on the forum, we ask that you not advertise or solicit for your TA. (for more info see threads on PSA BDW travel agenct and/or the thread on wright travel).

3. there is a difference between sharing information and soliciting.

4. you do not have to like or agree with the rules, just follow them. when you agreed to join the forum, you agreed to the rules. if you do not like the rules and choose to break them, you will have your membership revoked.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
            • 334 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

Tammy,
              Through you I was referred to my agent, I am pretty sure some place along the line I mentioned that I got her through you, and that the both of you are wonderful to work with, is that ok? If not please let me know, and I will find the post, bc at this point in planning...I wouldn't be able to live with out the forum!!!
              Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tanya Marie
              Tammy,
              Through you I was referred to my agent, I am pretty sure some place along the line I mentioned that I got her through you, and that the both of you are wonderful to work with, is that ok? If not please let me know, and I will find the post, bc at this point in planning...I wouldn't be able to live with out the forum!!!
              tanya, that is ok of course and unfortunately you are stuck with us for the next 7+ months...

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users