~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

oh i have seen those mosaic holders before. good idea. I'll keep my eyes open. hopefully they aren't too expensive, i feel as if i'm on such a tight budget now

what is is the hands ceremony tammy? are u doing that?

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

I think the candle ceremony the traditional "unity candle" - it's a great idea, but may be tough to do outside. i also did this for my first wedding, so won't be doing it again!

there's also the hand ceremony/blessing - I think Lindsay (Las Caletas bride) did this and even posted the ceremony wording in her review I think ... let me hunt it down ...

whew, that was a hunt - ok, here is Lindsay's Hand Blessing and Sand Ceremony ...

http://bestdestinati....5-23#post48940

http://bestdestinati.../forum/t1775-24

#13 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
      Jill, what about the "hand ceremony"
      you beat me to it - i had a hard time finding Lindsay's post!

#14 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

Yeah I think that's what I'm doing.. Here it is, it's just a special reading..

Join hands..

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch

#15 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

I love it!!! That's so sweet and appropriate for a wedding ceremony. Not too long either which is a bonus. I think ours will be 15 minutes or so (which is great)

I guess I'll just have to wait and see the day of and see what the wind is like. If it is real windy I think we will just do the hand ceremony. I really like it. I'll see what FH thinks.

THANKS TAMMY & ANN! You girls rock!

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

i am deciding between the hand and sand ceremony (or both!) - i need to talk to Paul about it and see what he likes. i figure that's something that we can decide at the last minute!

Tammy - how appropriate that we responded at the same time, w/the same answer - lol

you're welcome, Melissa!

#17 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

lol, I had it saved in my email folder, :-)

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              i am deciding between the hand and sand ceremony (or both!) - i need to talk to Paul about it and see what he likes. i figure that's something that we can decide at the last minute!

Tammy - how appropriate that we responded at the same time, w/the same answer - lol

you're welcome, Melissa!
              Of course you did- you're sisters!
              By the way Tammy, I love the hand ceremony- I might have to incorporate that too!

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

Oh, I like the hand ceremony, maybe we can do that. I have another question, did everyone write there entire ceremony, I guess I mean, are we supposed to pick any readings and is there just something standard that the judge or minister reads or are we supposed to come up with all of it and just give them what we want? I'm so confused

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

that depends on if your having a legal wedding or religious one. For a legal wedding they have to say a certain thing but you can insert stuff (coordinate someone to insert a poem or whatever) for a religious ceremony you can pretty much do whatever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users