White BM Dress?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Is it ok to have use white as your BM dress color? The dress i like comes in all different colors, but i think white with a navy ribbon looks so classic. I know that no one but the bride should wear white to a wedding, but does that include the wedding party? Will this draw attention away from the bride. Opinions please.
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

I think it is fine to have white for bridesmaids...although, I went to a wedding recently where they maids wore white and although it looked fine, they were all see-through! You could see their underwear right through the dresses...just make sure your girls wear the right colors underneath and you'll be fine!

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#3 latinalocany

• 215 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

anything goes for a destination wedding, i learned that on here!! i was going to have a white wedding all the way down to the quest, but then i saw all these beautiful colors in flowers and i changed my mind. white with the navy sounds nice. can you show a pic?

#4 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

I think you could pull off the white bridesmaid dresses if you incorporate a lot of white in the wedding. If a lot of stuff is white, than I don't think it would stand out as much. Otherwise, I do think it distracts from the bride a bit.

#5 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

I definitely think it's okay to have white for BM's dresses-A gf of mine did that (she also had a DW) and it looked awesome!
            That's the nice thing about going away to get married-Not everything has to be tradition! rach220 has a point though-make sure you can't see their under garments!!!
            D & K
            October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

It's totally the brides call. If you are comfortable not being the only one in white, that go with it! I personally and not a fan of white (or black), cuz I just love colors, but if that is what you like, then who can complain

#7 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Whatever your vision is... go for it!!
                White with navy is a very classic and beautiful look.
                Unless you are planning bm dresses which are very close to the styling of your dress; then I cannot see how it would detract from you.

#8 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

There was someone not too long ago who's entire bridal party was wearing white and it looked killer. Especially with the blue ocean and sand in the background. Cant remember what colour flowers they all had, but it did look really really good. Pick whatever dress colour you like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users