Hi brides,

I came back  last monday and the jet leg and the earthquake don't allow me to came back to normal live. Give me some days and I will write my review.

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post
.  Does anyone know how early you need to give a final guest count to Valeria or Cecilia?  Did you/ are you picking out the menu and flowers before getting to the resort?  How early?  We're expecting 30-40 guests so I'm guessing some of this needs to be decided ahead of time.  Thanks!

I had only 8 guests and I have given the final list only 1 week before, they wanted recognize the guests bookings.

I decided the final flowers arrangment 2 weeks before leaving and the menu 1 week before leaving.

As regard the menu, I have mixed silver and gold menu and during a romantic dinner in the beach I have tried also other plates included in the 2 menu.

Let me know if you want to know my choise and how were them.

I suggest you to choose flowers and menu before going to the resort in order be free from worries and thoughts.

Mayan Floral has worked in a fantastic way, they  exceeded my expectations and the food was VERY good, so I understand your "panic", I had it 2 weeks ago,  but it's absolutley unfounded!

Originally Posted by LolaTX View Post

I am still confused on the beach ceremony options. I also asked her to send me both chuppah options with only what is included in the cost. I have so many differing emails, Im getting confused!!!

Let me know exactly what confuse you regarding the beach ceremony, I have seen at least 10 wedding in the 2 weeks in the SMB and I have seen a lot of options.

The 4 month mark is creeping up on me! And the panic is starting already! Hey I think I heard somewhere that a DW is supposed to be easy and less stressful. If this is what planning a DW feels like, I'd hate to feel all the stress if I was having a big wedding back home! ;) On a serious note, is anyone using Juan Navarro? And have you been able to contact him at all?? I have him booked, but I have a question on substituting something in my package. He hasn't responded to any of my emails or the ones that Cecilia sent him and copied me on. Has anyone done research on the in house photographer at Secrets? I think it's Adventure photos?

I am feeling your anxiety KC!!! I  have right under five months, and the timeline thing is becoming overwhelming. I cant seem to focus on one part because I get sidetracked so easily. We are hoping to have between 50-75 guests, and I just emailed Cecilia today if we can arrange to try all the food options the day we arrive. My fiance has pretty much let me take the reins . . except in the food department, LOL. I will let you know what she says. I am still confused on the beach ceremony options. I also asked her to send me both chuppah options with only what is included in the cost. I have so many differing emails, Im getting confused!!!

Originally Posted by newloves1975 View Post

On a serious note, is anyone using Juan Navarro? And have you been able to contact him at all?? I have him booked, but I have a question on substituting something in my package. He hasn't responded to any of my emails or the ones that Cecilia sent him and copied me on.

Has anyone done research on the in house photographer at Secrets? I think it's Adventure photos?

I have used 2 associated of Juan Navarro, they are Tony Rues and Alex Mel.  They are very good photographers, professional and friendly!! I suggest them very much!

My wedding day was very cloudy and they has been able to make bright photo and with beautiful colors!

Some days after the wedding I had a session with Aventure photos, I wanted some pictures with the sun and the touquoise sea that I haden't in my big day.

The colors are good but I absolutely suggest  Tony and Alex, I love they b/w effects and the old mansion pictures!

They do a lot of weddings and they know very well how the bridegrooms result better, Tony suggested us the positions for a lot of pictures and at the same time they have taken pictures without anybody  realized of it.

The 4 month mark is creeping up on me! And the panic is starting already!

Hey I think I heard somewhere that a DW is supposed to be easy and less stressful. If this is what planning a DW feels like, I'd hate to feel all the stress if I was having a big wedding back home! wink.gif

On a serious note, is anyone using Juan Navarro? And have you been able to contact him at all?? I have him booked, but I have a question on substituting something in my package. He hasn't responded to any of my emails or the ones that Cecilia sent him and copied me on.

Has anyone done research on the in house photographer at Secrets? I think it's Adventure photos?

We're using Juan!  I was in touch with him a few months ago when we confirmed everything but I haven't had any reason to contact him since.  I follow him on Facebook and he's been posting pictures from a lot of weddings and TTD sessions lately, so I'm guessing he's just really busy.  This does seem to be a busy wedding time right now.  I'm sure he'll get back to you at some point.  The pictures I've been seeing have been fabulous though!

Hi NewLoves!  I have booked Juan through Cecilia about 5 months ago.  He responded to my initial question and then after that I sent him like 3 more emails and  requested that he himself be our photographer and he never responded to any of my questions except that initial email.  And that surprised me, but I dunno somebody from his team will be doing our pictures since we booked them.

I agree with everyone about having a million things to and getting side tracked!  And I have been having a lot of snafus!  I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from zarabridal and it was the biggest mistake of my life.  The first dress came and the skirt was literally a tutu!  It was nothing like the picture.  So, I emailed them to cancel the second dress because the girl had just ordered two days before and I had to email back 3 times to get confirmation that it was cancelled and she would be refunded her money.  They finally said yes we will cancel it and refund all but $30 because we have already cut the fabric and we can not use it again. So, I said ok if that is the best you can do.  Well, they shipped her dress anyway and never refunded her money! And, they refuse to respond to me now.  So we are less than 2 months away from the wedding and now I have to buy new dresses for them.  Whatever you do, do not buy from those sites that make the dresses themselves.  They are HORRIBLE quality and you have absolutely no recourse once you order. I just thought I should warn some people, lol.

CriCri- How did you like the italian restaurant, Portafina?  We are having dinner there after the ceremony.

Originally Posted by amberh1884 View Post

CriCri- How did you like the italian restaurant, Portafina?  We are having dinner there after the ceremony.

No Amberth, don't make this mistake.

Portofino restaurant is the worse one among all of them, it's absolutley better the mexican El Patio or the french one.

Are you having the wedding dinner in the restaurant picking from the italian menu or it's only the location you have choosen for the Silver or Gold menu?

Cricri, thank you so much for your input! It's nice that you have experienced both! I was debating doing a TTD w/ adventure rather than Juan since they are cheaper, but I think I'll just stick with Juan!

Ask to Aventure photo to show you their trash the dress pictures and ask  the name of the photographer, they are more then then one.

Amberh, at least I'm not the only one having a hard time reaching Juan! I verified when I booked him that he will be my photographer. However, the only thing that I have that confirms it is an email. I would like a reconfirmation, or a contract or something! I'm sorry about all the dress problems you are having. That really stinks. I ordered 2 dresses from eBay, I received 1 already and it looks really good! I just need to get the sides taken in a little bit. I'm planning on using that one for my TTD. I'm still waiting for my ceremony dress to come in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it has beading and appliqué lace, more elaborate than the first one. They are from 2 different dress makers in china. So what are your plans on the wedding day? Are you not having a reception? I have had several people tell me that they can't come because of the cost, even though they told me they were coming. I am getting the Ultimate package. If my guest list gets any smaller I may have to do dinner at a restaurant instead.