Look at my pictures and those are chairs with covers and tulle.

I bought my own tulle and they decoreated free of charge (sory spelling super tired righ now)

No DJ for me.

The gazebo is directly next to the pools.......i got married directly of beach, my pic reflects that.....

its a personal preference....

mine was very private, did not have to walk through any guests, there was a private path down the side of the resort no one saw me......the Gazebo is pri in the middle of the pool area, it is beautiful but ppl will be swimming while u are gettin married behind you. as long as you understand that, but trust me you wont even know they are there......ppl are very respectful there.

anything else just ask away......glad to help and give back to the forum....

Your pics look amazing! I can't wait to see more if you post them and read your review!!

LOVE the isle with the starfish!! Is that part of the basic package? Also do you recall what the different options are for the Hupla? (I think they call it a hupla or something that sounds close to that?? Basically the arch thing you get married under)

We are doing the ceremony on the beach, I love the look of it so much and am even happier with our decision now that I've seen your pics.

Who did your photos btw? Am starting to research photographers now... were you happy with whoever it was?

CONGRATS btw!!

Originally Posted by NEMMERZ View Post

Look at my pictures and those are chairs with covers and tulle.

I bought my own tulle and they decoreated free of charge (sory spelling super tired righ now)

No DJ for me.

The gazebo is directly next to the pools.......i got married directly of beach, my pic reflects that.....

its a personal preference....

mine was very private, did not have to walk through any guests, there was a private path down the side of the resort no one saw me......the Gazebo is pri in the middle of the pool area, it is beautiful but ppl will be swimming while u are gettin married behind you. as long as you understand that, but trust me you wont even know they are there......ppl are very respectful there.

anything else just ask away......glad to help and give back to the forum....

We had our ceremony on the beach.  It was sooo beautiful (had the white drapes and aisle runner with rose petals and starfish at no extra cost) and WAY more private than the gazebo option.  The spa did a great job for my hair and makeup.  Cecilia was very nice.  The whole experience was amazing.  SMB might possibly be the best place on earth.  I can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Congratulations!!

You're the second person to say how the beach wedding is way more private than the gazebo...is the gazebo not a good option at all (are there really a whole lot of people around)l?  I'm asking because even though our wedding is in January, our initial preference was for the gazebo.  But after reading the comments, now I'm a little concerned...

Originally Posted by knitgirl13 View Post

We had our ceremony on the beach.  It was sooo beautiful (had the white drapes and aisle runner with rose petals and starfish at no extra cost) and WAY more private than the gazebo option.  The spa did a great job for my hair and makeup.  Cecilia was very nice.  The whole experience was amazing.  SMB might possibly be the best place on earth.  I can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Hi Ladies :) I'm newly engaged as of two weeks and we are definitely having our wedding at Secrets Maroma! My fiance and I were there last year for a wedding and fell in love with the resort.  I emailed the wedding coordinator a few days ago so waiting to hear back. What I am curious about is the cost of larger parties.  On the website there is only packages that accommodate up to 20 guests.  Do they have other packages or is it a charge per person after 20? Would love any info you have for me!

Emma

Thank you!

I think it depends on the type of wedding you'll be having and your personality.  If it's a lot of older people who don't want to walk on the beach and would appreciate the shade, I can see how the gazebo would be nice.  Otherwise, I'd go with the beach.  There was a private path and we still had onlookers and people cheering for us and congratulating us.  I don't like a lot of attention either!!  The gazebo is sooo close to the pool which can get very crowded and loud with pool volleyball and other activities going on.  Plus it makes it harder for the photographers to get good shots.  I took a picture of the gazebo while we were down there and you can see how close it is with the pool chairs right there.  I think it would be too many people in my business and too much gawking from strangers, personally.

IMG_4353.JPG

We had our wedding ceremony at the gazebo - it was beautiful and we loved it! :)  Like others have said, it is less private than the beach ceremony, but people are very respectful and stay a distance away.  We didn't find it to be a problem at all.  We were completely happy with the gazebo location and set-up! :)

Some reasons why we chose to go with the gazebo instead of the beach were that we really loved the way that the gazebo looked (so beautiful and romantic), and also I wanted to wear heels with my wedding dress.  And I knew I personally would have problems walking on the beach with heels, LOL!  :)  

Have fun!

Jenny

Hey there,

I may have changed since I got married there (2008), but we had more than 20 ppl and we were charged per person after that, for both the sit-down dinner and the cocktail hour...

Hope this helps:-)

Originally Posted by Emma Dore View Post

Hi Ladies :) I'm newly engaged as of two weeks and we are definitely having our wedding at Secrets Maroma! My fiance and I were there last year for a wedding and fell in love with the resort.  I emailed the wedding coordinator a few days ago so waiting to hear back. What I am curious about is the cost of larger parties.  On the website there is only packages that accommodate up to 20 guests.  Do they have other packages or is it a charge per person after 20? Would love any info you have for me!

Emma

All of your weddings look so beautiful. Just two quick questions. We like the idea of the beach for th wedding and the poolside for the reception. Would we be allowed to do that or do you have to stick to the area where you have your ceremony for your reception? As well, when you guys were there, was it super windy on the beach? I know it is windy but does it distract from the ceremony (ie. sand blowing in your eyes).

Thanks!

It can be windy..... Some days were more windy than others, but its just so hard to predict. I think that is just something that comes along with the beach wedding. We had some difficulities with my hai in the windy. but no biggie, but that was to be expected if you go into it with those expectations. YES, our wedding the ARCH on the beach was part of the basic package, we got NOTHING extra.......sand ceremony was included which was a huge suprise.....i didnt know that was included.

My photographer was AKI Demi, she is 37 yrs old, lives in Cancun, is adorable, loves her job ....spent soooo much time with us.....gave me extra pics and dropped off pics two days after our wedding, came back to the resort......highly recommend her.....She is hands on, very personable, i couldnt be happier...she gave me a DVD of pictures that had over 300 pictures on it and we only had her for 3 hours, but only charged me for two..she is fantastic..

Aki Demi Photography

The resort is awesome, its the best ive been at yet.

The pool does close up around 5pm, its surprising at first......but two pool bars close and poolside service stops...

The service at the pool and ocean during the day is fantastic......couldnt be better....we didnt have to get up for anything except PEE and go eat lunch.

We never had a wait at any restaurant, they dont accept reservations.

I got the mexican wedding cake, best wedding cake ever.......

wedding cake and flowers.jpg

OK, Hubby saying I spend too much time on puter, wants to watch biggest loser!!  I will be back in a lil while to continue.....LOL

post-33084-138622247637_thumb.jpg