Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#591 Boo

• 785 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ReeRee 

Resort was not full at all.  The weather was kind of bad up until the day after our wedding day...  There was a tropical storm near so it was rainy and it stops but overcast and then it starts again.  It did rain on our wedding day, so we had to move from Gazebo to the entrance to the theater.   They have two options for the rain, one upstairs which is completely inside and the other is the entrance to the theater.  I still wanted the tropical outside feel for our wedding ceremony so we chose the entrance to the theater. It worked out well in the end.  It stopped raining right before our ceremony, so we were able to take pics outside, by the beach, and in the hacienda.

Congrads on your wedding! They say that rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck!

Question about the hacienda -

1. I heard that its a private residence that was never completed and that they may resume construction - no sign of this yet?

2. I also heard that although it photographers very beautifully that its quite dirty inside - is that true?

Would love to see your pictures when you get them.

#592 ReeRee

• 70 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thank you Boo!

1. That's what I heard too about the once private residence. But no sign of reconstruction at all.

2. Yes, it was pretty dirty, but you can't see it in the pictures. Here are a couple of our pics taken in the hacienda.  They were taken around 6:30 so it was getting really dark out.

#593 ReeRee

• 70 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Here are couple more pics in the hacienda.  It is dirty, but it looks really romantic in the pictures.

#594 Boo

• 785 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

wow, very beautiful pictures! totally worth putting up with a little bit of dirt!

#595 mlynnea

• 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

I agree with ReeRee, the Hacienda is a bit dusty and dirty, but you can't tell in the photos. (Though I would definitly recommend you wear shoes). The  building is really amazing and most of my favorite wedding photos were taken there.  I would recommend all future brides at least check it out before your wedding day to see if you want to use it for pictures.

#596 Kits55

• 607 posts
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
            • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Reeree- awesome pics!! Those are gorgeous! I absolutely loved the hacienda but unfortunately we didn't get any pics there.

I second Mlynnea with a note to all future brides checking out the hacienda before the wedding day. You pretty much can't go wrong with it!

#597 Boo

• 785 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Yeah cant wait, but from 3:30 to 4:30 on November 19, 2010 its mine! ha ha!!!

#598 jaccat15

• 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

my final fitting is today!!! 3 weeks til the big day!

#599 Simistar

• 645 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Gorgeous pics ReeRee!

We didn't get any pics there either (given what a jackass our photographer was, there was no way we were going to be able to drag him there, lol:-))

But it does make for beautiful shots:-)

#600 ReeRee

• 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Thanks Simister.

I drafted my reviews, but the existing wedding review section is closed for all new reviews..  So I'm trying to learn how to post my review, but I think I'd need to add new vendors and post my review there. And for Cecilia Dumas, I have to create another review separately....  Anyway, I will try to figure this out asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users