Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#251 jaccat15

jaccat15
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

nice find! thanks!!

I just booked our photograher - Samuel Luna - some one on the board recommended him and he has great reviews and his prices are reasonable :)

#252 mellyrobert

mellyrobert
    • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

has anyone got 2011 prices from there TA? this is killing me! I mean really.. how am i supposed to commit to a wedding date in jan if i don't even know how much it is going to cost per night?

#253 saza175

saza175
      • 84 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

melly--my TA got me prices for Nov. of 2011.....i have no clue how but she did lol...but November and January are different for pricing

#254 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

deleted

#255 mellyrobert

mellyrobert
          • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

the price range i was quoted for the week of 1/29/11 was between $5500-$5700 per couple including airfare. i am hestitant to book the date and not have the prices come down for my guests! i was told that the prices usually come down, but i know this is peak season. anyone think that these prices seems outrageous?

#256 arizonabride

arizonabride
            • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Just to give you a frame of reference: our price for May 31st - June 9th, 2010 (9 nights) for a preferred club jr. suite ocean view, including airfare is $5319.33. We booked thru cheapcaribbean.

#257 mellyrobert

mellyrobert
              • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

thanks so much arizonabride. i just went to the website and the prices are much more reasonable! i think we may change our date to early december. good luck woth your wedding planning!

#258 jaccat15

jaccat15
                • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

The guest room rate was a big factor in deciding when and where we are going to get married.
                  I think time of year is especially important in pricing as well - peak season (December thru May) is probably most expensive. Hurricane season is most likely cheapest (June thru November).
                  We don't expect our guests to stay the entire week- but for the weekend (3 nights) we think up to $200 per night per person is reasonable - and also a great value for this hotel.

We have about 11 rooms already booked for our wedding!!! yayyyy

#259 saza175

saza175
                  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

boo-- haha cool!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

#260 CourtShan

CourtShan
                    • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Melly,

We just went through the same thing. My FI and I are both from Boston and we have 40-50 of our guest trying to book. I sent emails to the VP and Dir of sales for secrets because I begged for pricing which I can imagine happens all too often. We finally got pricing this week. For 5 days/4 nights out of Boston it is looking around $1430, which is what most of our friends and family were looking for. MY FI and I live in RI now so we are flying out of Providence. If I knew I was going to have so many issues with this resort I would have most likely gone somewhere else so I'm hoping the worst is now over. We are getting married Jan 8th, 2011 and we have a family friend who says this is usually one of the quietest weeks due to the holiday season coming to an end. I can certainly get you in touch with our TA, shes been very helpful and I've been all over about these issues since Jan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users