Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#191 lauraereed

lauraereed
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Boo, we actually didn't pay for the fire dancers. We chose to have our welcome dinner on Friday night found out that this particular Friday, the resort was hosting a Mexican themed dinner and fire dancing show. Cecilia arranged to have a huge table set up for our guests. It was set up so that we had perfect seats (at this table) for the fire show (and we were in comfortable patio style furniture while the other resort guests were on metal folding chairs). We also had several waiters who were dedicated to our guests and they also did a free tequila tasting in between dinner and the show.

I think the resort has the fireshow once per week. I am not sure if I would have spent the extra money to hire them myself, but the resort made us feel like this was an exclusive event for our guests without the added cost. It was kind of nice to have the other resort guests there, (as the dancers weren't just focused on us) because if any of our group got bored, it didn't seem inappropriate for our group to talk to each other during the show.

The dinner was held in the outdoor seating area of the world cafe the food was set up buffet stye (for all SMB guests) inside the world cafe. To be honest, there really were not tons of people at the dinner so it seemed like we had the restaurant to ourselves.

If you choose to do something like this, work with cecilia...but when you get there, talk to the staff at the restaurants about set up. We found that the waiters and waitresses were very accomodating and had some better suggestions than Cecilia.

#192 newyork6156

newyork6156
    • 89 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

I had the bonfire welcome dinner and it was great. The wait staff was really good. Actually running to get anything we needed. You can read about it by clicking on my review below. Let me know if you have any particular questions. We had 26 people and we were allowed to have the full buffet dinner not just apps. They are really good at working with you, all you have to do is ask. The worst they could say is no.
      My Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati....s maroma beach

#193 Massagegirl

Massagegirl
      • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Im using the phto/video from the resort. Who do you guys reccomend? And we would love an english speaker minister for our ceremony..any suggestions?

#194 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

deleted

#195 jaccat15

jaccat15
          • 196 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I am leaving for my site visits next Thursday AM and I am staying at SMB the entire weekend. Are there any questions anyone needs answered or anything you would like for me to look out for while I am there
            I will be happy to help with any questions.

I'm also going to check out Excellence, Paradisus and Cieba del Mar.

#196 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

deleted

#197 jaccat15

jaccat15
              • 196 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Boo
                Actually I do have one question that Cecilia has been unable to answer repeatedly - I am getting linen here for the large wedding gazeebo on the sand (the larger one of the two), would love to know the dimensions so I know how much I need to put linen (tied on one side thrown over the top and tied at the other side - if I am being confusing let me know and I will post a picture, I am just at work and dont have any on this comp.)

Also I would love to know the size of the top and the height of the cocktail tables, and the little table used underneath the large wedding gazeebo on the sand. Sorry I have asked Cecilia repeatedly, and started to worry that I will just have to error on it being too long and trim it if I had to once I got there, but dont think that that would look too good, and I only have one full day at the resort prior to ceremony - yikes!

Thanks so much!!!!

Ok I think I know what you mean - I will see what info I can get :) Let me know if anyone can think of anything else!

#198 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

deleted

#199 mlynnea

mlynnea
                  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi Ladies...I'm baaack!

Everything was sooo amazing!! There was only one minor issue with the flowers, but it wasn't anything to ruin my day. I'll work on getting a review together ASAP. I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly everything went.

MassageGirl: "I'm using the phto/video from the resort. Who do you guys reccomend? And we would love an english speaker minister for our ceremony..any suggestions?"

I used the photographer and the videographer included in the "Ultimate" package. The videographer is from www.cancunweddingvideo.com. Our videographer's name was Jerry. We didn't talk to him much, but the video we received is BEAUTIFUL! The quality is amazing, and he captured everything wonderfully. We also hired an outside photographer to use for pre-wedding and ceremony shots (Cecilia Dumas), and there was an added benefit that the videographer had worked with Cecilia Dumas before.

We had the package photographer show up after our package with Cecilia Dumas was over, which was during the Cocktail hour following the ceremony. His name was Alex. I'll tell you that I wasn't too impressed with his skills, especially when comparing his photos to those Cecilia took...no contest. If photography is really important to you, I would hire an outside photographer. We had Alex for cocktail hour, first dances and cake cutting and I'm glad we hired someone else for the more important pics. He wasn't horrible, it just seemed like any of my guests could've taken the same pics.

As for the minister, we didn't request anyone in particular but we had a woman who did speak English. She had quite a strong accent, but it worked out okay. She showed up right when the ceremony was scheduled to start, and disappeared immediately after. We didn't even have a chance to thank her. Cecilia did mention that the judge doesn't "have to" speak English, but I'm sure you could ask her to make sure that whoever you get speaks English. They basically just read off of a script.

(More to come in my review.)

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

~Lynnea

#200 SophieInLove

SophieInLove
                    • Banned
                    • 78 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Im getting married in December and was considering Secrets Marona, newyork6156 I loved your detailed review, it was very helpful. All the Best to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users