Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1971 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
  • Vendor
  • 210 posts

    Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

    Originally Posted by Funkydoll 

    As request, here are some pic of the wedding details i used. Enjoy :)

     

    My bouquet/four matching bamboo arragements + parasols:

     

    :

     

         

     

      That's a beautiful combination green & fiucsa
    , i'm sure your wedding was fabulous!

     


    We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?


    #1972 ElleGee

    ElleGee
    • Jr. Member
    • 255 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
    • LocationHouston, Texas

    Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

    Originally Posted by Jen Eeson 

    Hi girls!

     

    Just wanted to share our highlight video and some photos of the day.  The resort is truly beautiful and Cecilia is fabulous.  She will guarantee your day is perfect.  

     

    Video was created by Moho Creative:

     

    Photos by Fine Art Studio: http://www.fineartst....php?oqeyid=213

     

    Please feel free to ask me questions about the resort, vendors, my experience, etc., and I will try to help!  I plan to do a review of the external vendors we used as well as the resort at some point....hopefully this week.

     

    Jen

    LOVE THIS! Thank you for sharing :)! You look absolutely stunning and SO HAPPY!!!!  CONGRATS!


    - Elle Gee

    (Laura)

    Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


    #1973 Funkydoll

    Funkydoll
    • Newbie
    • 30 posts

      Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by Jen Eeson 

      Video was created by Moho Creative:

      Photos by Fine Art Studio: http://www.fineartst....php?oqeyid=213

      Jen

      JEN.. you look stunning on your wedding day!!  Love your wedding gown!

      Thanks for sharing your video and pix with us :)



      #1974 newloves1975

      newloves1975
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

        WOW!!! That is seriously one of the best wedding videos I have ever seen. Jen you look gorgeous!

        Hi girls! Just wanted to share our highlight video and some photos of the day.  The resort is truly beautiful and Cecilia is fabulous.  She will guarantee your day is perfect.   Video was created by Moho Creative: Photos by Fine Art Studio: http://www.fineartst....php?oqeyid=213 Please feel free to ask me questions about the resort, vendors, my experience, etc., and I will try to help!  I plan to do a review of the external vendors we used as well as the resort at some point....hopefully this week. Jen



        #1975 beachbride2013

        beachbride2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 198 posts

          Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

          Jen-LOve the video!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You look amazing!!



          #1976 Rachel Terry

          Rachel Terry
          • Newbie
          • 4 posts

            Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

            Hello everyone! First, I would like to thank everyone who has posted to this thread. I am a brand new member to the BDW forum. The amount of information on here is extremely helpful! As for me, I will be getting married at Secrets in December this year. I have been in contact with Barbara Vong from Wright Travel Agency and she has been helping me with room rates. She has been extremely attentive to all my emails as well! Did most of you book through a TA? Or do it on your own? After crunching numbers the rates from the TA are a little lower plus they include transfers to the resort. Thanks for your help!

            #1977 msop04

            msop04
            • Newbie
            • 64 posts

              Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

              Originally Posted by Jen Eeson 

              Hi girls!

               

              Just wanted to share our highlight video and some photos of the day.  The resort is truly beautiful and Cecilia is fabulous.  She will guarantee your day is perfect.  

               

              Video was created by Moho Creative:

               

              Photos by Fine Art Studio: http://www.fineartst....php?oqeyid=213

               

              Please feel free to ask me questions about the resort, vendors, my experience, etc., and I will try to help!  I plan to do a review of the external vendors we used as well as the resort at some point....hopefully this week.

               

              Jen

               

              Wow!  Jen, your wedding was beautiful!  Love love LOVE your dress!!  You looked AMAZING!! 

               

              I only hope my wedding is half as lovely as yours!!      Thank you for sharing your special day with us!  Our wedding is 3/15 (two months from today - YIKES!!) and I am starting to get really excited, but super stressed as well, so... I do have a few questions for you... 

               

              1.  I noticed that a lady in a green dress (your mother I think?) wore high heels on the petate walkway.  Was she able to walk comfortably on it without her heels sinking in between the woven mats?  I know this sounds like a crazy question, but the length of my dress depends on what shoes I'll be wearing. Since we're having our reception back in the States, I bought some awesome heels (about 4 inches, 3 inches with 1 inch platform...) - but I'm worried my dress will be WAY too long for flats or bare feet for the Mexico ceremony...  Ugh!  Please help!!

               

              2.  How much time did you have between the ceremony and the cocktail hour? ...or did it start immediately after it?

               

              3.  Did you choose the Mexican or Caribbean Trio?  Did you get to hear both of them prior to your ceremony??  (I have a sound bite of each, but they only last about 5 seconds, so it's difficult to tell a lot about each.)  Did they perform for the cocktail hour or for dinner?  

               

               

              Thanks in advance!!!  



              #1978 ElleGee

              ElleGee
              • Jr. Member
              • 255 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
              • LocationHouston, Texas

              Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

              Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

              Hello everyone!

              First, I would like to thank everyone who has posted to this thread. I am a brand new member to the BDW forum. The amount of information on here is extremely helpful!

              As for me, I will be getting married at Secrets in December this year. I have been in contact with Barbara Vong from Wright Travel Agency and she has been helping me with room rates. She has been extremely attentive to all my emails as well!

              Did most of you book through a TA? Or do it on your own? After crunching numbers the rates from the TA are a little lower plus they include transfers to the resort.

              Thanks for your help!

              Hi Rachel! Welcome and Congrats! This website, and specifically, this forum, will become like a best friend to you in your planning, LOL! We were married in October of 2012, and were extremely satisfied with SMB. We utilized a travel agent, Chuck Joyce, with Gosecrets.com, and also extended better than posted rates for our 45 guests. Please feel free to PM me any questions :) 

               

              Happy Planning!


              - Elle Gee

              (Laura)

              Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


              #1979 ElleGee

              ElleGee
              • Jr. Member
              • 255 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
              • LocationHouston, Texas

              Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

              Originally Posted by msop04 

               

              Wow!  Jen, your wedding was beautiful!  Love love LOVE your dress!!  You looked AMAZING!! 

               

              I only hope my wedding is half as lovely as yours!!      Thank you for sharing your special day with us!  Our wedding is 3/15 (two months from today - YIKES!!) and I am starting to get really excited, but super stressed as well, so... I do have a few questions for you... 

               

              1.  I noticed that a lady in a green dress (your mother I think?) wore high heels on the petate walkway.  Was she able to walk comfortably on it without her heels sinking in between the woven mats?  I know this sounds like a crazy question, but the length of my dress depends on what shoes I'll be wearing. Since we're having our reception back in the States, I bought some awesome heels (about 4 inches, 3 inches with 1 inch platform...) - but I'm worried my dress will be WAY too long for flats or bare feet for the Mexico ceremony...  Ugh!  Please help!!

               

              2.  How much time did you have between the ceremony and the cocktail hour? ...or did it start immediately after it?

               

              3.  Did you choose the Mexican or Caribbean Trio?  Did you get to hear both of them prior to your ceremony??  (I have a sound bite of each, but they only last about 5 seconds, so it's difficult to tell a lot about each.)  Did they perform for the cocktail hour or for dinner?  

               

               

              Thanks in advance!!!  

              I sent you a PM with clips from both Caribbean Trio and Mexican Mariachi. We chose Mariachi, but I would probably choose the Caribbean trio if I did it over again :)

               

              OH, and we had about an hour and 10 minute gap between ceremony and cocktail hour so we could do photos in the mansion. AND, we still missed almost the entire cocktail hour, LOL!  Our guests didnt mind the gap in time, because they went to the outdoor sports bar and watched football :)


              - Elle Gee

              (Laura)

              Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


              #1980 Jen Eeson

              Jen Eeson
              • Newbie
              • 28 posts

                Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

                Originally Posted by msop04 

                 

                Wow!  Jen, your wedding was beautiful!  Love love LOVE your dress!!  You looked AMAZING!! 

                 

                I only hope my wedding is half as lovely as yours!!      Thank you for sharing your special day with us!  Our wedding is 3/15 (two months from today - YIKES!!) and I am starting to get really excited, but super stressed as well, so... I do have a few questions for you... 

                 

                1.  I noticed that a lady in a green dress (your mother I think?) wore high heels on the petate walkway.  Was she able to walk comfortably on it without her heels sinking in between the woven mats?  I know this sounds like a crazy question, but the length of my dress depends on what shoes I'll be wearing. Since we're having our reception back in the States, I bought some awesome heels (about 4 inches, 3 inches with 1 inch platform...) - but I'm worried my dress will be WAY too long for flats or bare feet for the Mexico ceremony...  Ugh!  Please help!!

                 

                2.  How much time did you have between the ceremony and the cocktail hour? ...or did it start immediately after it?

                 

                3.  Did you choose the Mexican or Caribbean Trio?  Did you get to hear both of them prior to your ceremony??  (I have a sound bite of each, but they only last about 5 seconds, so it's difficult to tell a lot about each.)  Did they perform for the cocktail hour or for dinner?  

                 

                 

                Thanks in advance!!!  

                Hi!  We rented the petate walkway which seemed to be so-so for heels.  If you are worried about it I would splurge and go for the solid wood walkway instead.  Keep in mind however that you will be walking along a wooden path (looks like a narrow deck) along the beach to get to the ceremony location, which is way tricker than the petate aisle.  I watched another wedding where all of the bridesmaids wore heels and it looked pretty painful.  

                 

                We had about 20-30 minutes between the ceremony and cocktail hour - basically enough time to do a champaign toast, take a few photos, say hi to a few people.  Our guests went up to the gazebo area ahead of us and we stayed behind for more pics and then joined everyone later.  

                 

                We had the Mexican trio and they were amazing. Everyone loved them.  I didn't bother listening to them before as I was pretty set on the Mexican trio from the beginning.  They performed during the cocktail hour for about 40 minutes.  

                 

                Hope that helps!

                 

                Jen






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users