Originally Posted by msop04
I am so glad to hear about your wonderful time at SMB! Our wedding is on March 15, 2013, and we are so excited! I do have a few questions for you though... I have scattered them throughout your review.
Thanks in advance!!
Please see my answers below...
Ceremony Location: 3pm Beach New Canopy (I requested to setup at the old canopy on the contract, not sure why I ended up at the new oneâ€¦ but it worked out fine)
This is the location we chose for our 3 pm ceremony -- it looks so beautiful!
Good choice.... pictures will definately turn out amazingly with the ocean backdrop
Cocktail Hour: on the beach (with the Mexican band)
We chose to have our Cocktail Hour on the beach as well... Did you find that the sand and/or heat was a problem? I had read that it was just too windy and hot on the beach, and had thought about changing it to the Gazebo (where our dinner reception will be held).
Not sure hows the weather will like in March. Best advise is to book cocktail hour on the beach first, you can always change to gazebo (or other location) when u arrived there. Cecilia will meet with you when you arrive, go through the details and show you all the sites/location. Then u can make your final decision
Also, would you recommend the Mexican Band over the Caribbean Band? I believe we have the Caribbean Band in the contract now...
i've picked the Mexican Band. It's all come to your personal perference, u should ask Cecilia to send you sample clips for both bands.
Reception Location: 6:30pm at Pool Side Gazebo (Rain started at six... *sigh* had to moved everything inside to the private room inside The World Caf©. Dinner started at 7pm, was impressed the last min change workout quickly and smoothly!!)
Wow! We chose all of the same locations!
I love the gazebo area... you should secure the ceremony and reception location first....
Gazebo area is a very popular location.
- Sound System for Ceremony. (Awesome suggestion from the blog, waves on the beach can be loud. If you have a bigger group, you might want to invest the sound system so that everyone can hear the wedding administrator and the music during the ceremony) We have the sound system for the ceremony as well. Did the technician do a good job on each song transition or did he/she just "press play" and let it go from there? I am very nervous about this, as we will not have a rehearsal.
i grouped the songs in different folder on my ipod so that the technician know what and when to play the song.
Don't worry too much..... he does this thousand times and he's pretty good at it.
We did a LOT of flower upgrades through Maya Floral (they were MUCH less expensive than Planner1Events), including flowers and draping for the whole ceremony canopy -- we found a photo of another wedding they had done using a similar canopy structure and just had them give us a quote to duplicate it. I hope it turns out great -- fingers crossed!!
My advise is to make all the arrangement details state on your contract, better in picture.
We are flying our photographer down to SMB from Tennessee (my home state), so I really hope that will be worth it! Also, will we be able to get inside the abandoned mansion since our wedding is on a Friday afternoon? I have read conflicting information regarding this...
It's good that you have someone that you trust to do your photos.. i'm sure it will worth it.
There was no one guarding at the abandoned mansion and we had no problem getting in and took picture (my wedding was on a Sunday)
Since we will only have 14 people (including us), we decided to buy a Jawbone Big Jambox to use for music/speakers for the Welcome Bonfire and the Dinner Reception. <---- this will be more like a "dinner" than a reception, because we will be having a HUGE reception at home a few weeks after we return...
i'm sure it will work.... just make sure you have all your fav songs on your ipod
- Cool Fireworkâ€¦ LOVE LOVE the firework at our reception entrance <---- this looks so cool, I wish we could spring for it!!
- Added two Lightings for tables. Did you find that there was not enough light at your reception? I am thinking ours will not last as long as most others, since we are really just having dinner, dancing a little bit, and taking photos...
â€‹there are enough lightings at the reception area.... the two lightings under the table we used were just for decoration.
- Reception Table Name tags (Silver luggage Name Tags) <---- I am interested to know where you got these. Would you post a photo of them -- they sound so cute!! and Wedding Favors (Bought from online store)
- The Silver Luggage Name Tags were from Michaels. 10 pcs per box