First I would like to THANK YOU all the ladies on this blog who had posted so much useful information. Now is my turn to share my experience at SMB.
LOVE the resort, GOOD service, GOOD food, people are friendly.
Wedding Day Experience: A+.
Eventhough there were few hiccups here and there... you know what: â€œItâ€™s my dayâ€¦ and I should enjoy to the MAX!!!â€
Arrival Date: Thursday Dec 6
Wedding Date: Sunday Dec 9
Wedding Co-coordinator: Cecilia
Meeting with wedding c-coordinator: Friday Dec 7 at Noon
# of Guest: 20
Wedding Package: Gold
I know itâ€™s hard to decide the locations when you havenâ€™t been to the site. I do believe you had seen pictures for different location form Cecilia or even on this blog, GO WITH YOUR GUTS and pick the first choice you have in mind!
When you have your first meeting with the coordinator, she will show you all the sites and you can finalize all the details with her
Ceremony Location: 3pm Beach New Canopy (I requested to setup at the old canopy on the contract, not sure why I ended up at the new oneâ€¦ but it worked out fine)
Cocktail Hour: on the beach (with the Mexican band)
Reception Location: 6:30pm at Pool Side Gazebo (Rain started at six... *sigh* had to moved everything inside to the private room inside The World Caf©. Dinner started at 7pm, was impressed the last min change workout quickly and smoothly!!)
Makeup & Hair Service at the Spa: what a great job my Makeup artist did! (I didnâ€™t do trail run, just brought a picture of the hair style and makeup style and both turn out really really Great!!)
- They used MAC products and the makeup lasted for the whole day
- Foundation perfectly match my skin tone
- Strongly recommend half-do or up-do. I have long hair and always prefer with my hair down, but I took the advices from my photographers and the makeup artist to have my hair all up and not regretting it. It could be a little bit windy on the beach and you donâ€™t want your hair all over your face on every picture!!
- Sound System for Ceremony. (Awesome suggestion from the blog, waves on the beach can be loud. If you have a bigger group, you might want to invest the sound system so that everyone can hear the wedding administrator and the music during the ceremony)
- Flowers upgrades, including 4 bamboo flower arrangements along the ceremony isles. (I was very disappointed that my bouquet and bamboo flowers turned out to be totally different than we agreed with the florist. We even had the emails and pictures of the flowers on the contract. The flowers are nice but not what I expected and paid for) After all, I still think that itâ€™s a good upgrade, good decoration and turned out great on pictures!!!
- Hired outside photographer (8hrs service) â€“ Citlalli Rico. Had a great experience with Citalli and her assistant Tamaraâ€¦ canâ€™t wait to see my wedding pictures!!! (Instead of going for the package photographer, weâ€™ve hired someone outside. There were $100/pp charge for the resort day pass)
- 3hrs DJ. (we subsidized the photos hours by 3hrs DJ time, extra charge also applied)
- Cool Fireworkâ€¦ LOVE LOVE the firework at our reception entrance J
- Added two Lightings for tables
- Dinner Menu Upgrade â€“ Platinum Dinner Menu.
Other little thingsâ€¦â€¦
- Parasols, hand fans, bubbles, Wedding Timeline (DIY) for the Ceremony
- Reception Table Runners to add some color accents (Bought from an online store)
- Reception Table Name tags (Silver luggage Name Tags) and Wedding Favors (Bought from online store)
- Bride and Groom Chair Signs (DIY)
- Table Seating Plan for the Wedding Co-ordinator and the DJ
- Group Picture Name List (it helps to speed up the Group picture section and have more time for the B&G to take their own pictures)
Ceremony Songs: Very upbeat and urban Instrumental Music from â€œVitamin String Quartetâ€ and â€œThe Piano Guysâ€.
Bride Entrance: Lucky (Vitamin String Quartet)
Interlude: Say Yes (Vitamin String Quartet)
Sand Ceremony: Iâ€™m yours (Vitamin String Quartet)
Recessional: Canon in D / Rockelbel's Canon (The Piano Guys)
During my 10 days stay at SMB, everyday has at least one wedding going on. I can imagine how busy are the two wedding coordinators would be from answering emails, to physically setup and run-down the real weddings.
I was very frustrated when I first tried to book my wedding date a year ago and I was surprised at the time I couldnâ€™t get the â€œdatesâ€ I wanted, and ended up having a Sunday wedding and have to pay for extra $100.
SOâ€¦. All future brides, contact your coordinator and secure your DATE, WEDDING LOCATION, RECEPTION LOCATION ASAP!! All other details will come into place â€¦ donâ€™t stress yourself out!!
I know your wedding will work out beautifully like mine!