Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1851 msop04

msop04
  • Newbie
  • 64 posts

    Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

    Originally Posted by LolaTX 

    CONGRATS KCDAWN!!!!  Sounds like a dream wedding for you, and  I am so happy!  You have me so excited. We leave in a little less than three weeks! 

     

    One question . . . .the $300 per person limit of wedding supplies .. it it is a non-married couple (seperate last names), can they carry $600 worth in one suitcase?!?!?! Of course with receipts provided :)

     

    OMG - I hadn't heard of this rule - the Jam Box alone is over $300... do you think they'd consider that a "wedding supply?"  LOL  

     

    I'm to the point that I've decided $360 - $540 is WAY TOO MUCH to pay for music during dinner... KCDawn has convinced me to get a Jam Box!  :)   I will only use their sound system for the ceremony - does anyone feel like SMB will nickel and dime you to death??!!

     

    Does anyone know if there any extras that must be purchased to use the Jam Box?  Does it come with something to connect it to my iPod??  Just wanna make sure I don't forget anything!  :)

     

    ** I know you're getting excited, Laura!!!  :)  YAY!!! **



    #1852 KCDawn

    KCDawn
    • Site Supporter
    • 242 posts

      Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

      Originally Posted by msop04 

       

      OMG - I hadn't heard of this rule - the Jam Box alone is over $300... do you think they'd consider that a "wedding supply?"  LOL  

       

      I'm to the point that I've decided $360 - $540 is WAY TOO MUCH to pay for music during dinner... KCDawn has convinced me to get a Jam Box!  :)   I will only use their sound system for the ceremony - does anyone feel like SMB will nickel and dime you to death??!!

       

      Does anyone know if there any extras that must be purchased to use the Jam Box?  Does it come with something to connect it to my iPod??  Just wanna make sure I don't forget anything!  :)

       

      ** I know you're getting excited, Laura!!!  :)  YAY!!! **

      I definitely recommend the Jambox!  We paid about $300 for it, which is less than you'll spend to rent a sound system for 2 hours, plus you have an awesome little sound system to keep.  It was loud enough and it wasn't even maxed out.  It comes in a few different colors.  We got the white one, which looked nice at the wedding festivities.  We didn't purchase anything extra to use it.  I believe it comes with a cord so you can connect directly, but we used it wirelessly connecting with Blue Tooth which was great! 

       

      I don't think you'd have to include that in your wedding stuff total.  You're just taking your radio to the beach :)  We actually did see another couple with one lounging on the beach.



      #1853 KCDawn

      KCDawn
      • Site Supporter
      • 242 posts

        Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

        Originally Posted by LolaTX 

        CONGRATS KCDAWN!!!!  Sounds like a dream wedding for you, and  I am so happy!  You have me so excited. We leave in a little less than three weeks! 

         

        One question . . . .the $300 per person limit of wedding supplies .. it it is a non-married couple (seperate last names), can they carry $600 worth in one suitcase?!?!?! Of course with receipts provided :)

        Thanks!!  It really was a dream wedding.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I'm excited for you!!  It's going to be fantastic!

         

        I didn't have to deal with the limit, because we never got searched.  When you go through customs, they x ray your bags then you take a few steps to a booth where you hit a button.  Green light means you're free to go, Red light means they search your bag.  I'm guessing this is where you'd have to justify all the wedding stuff, because I didn't see anywhere else where I'd have to. 



        #1854 KCDawn

        KCDawn
        • Site Supporter
        • 242 posts

          Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

          I'm happy to answer your questions!

           

          Originally Posted by msop04 View Post
           

           

          THE WEDDING DAY!

           

          **Our wedding is March 15th at 3, so our cocktail hour will be about 4ish... do you think it will be too hot to have it on the beach? I just wanted to have more time on the beach, since our ceremony is only about 30 minutes and we've paid for extra decor and have our photographer flying down -- but I also don't wanna "fry" my guests!!

          I would check with Valeria or Cecilia on that one.  None of us are going to know the weather better than they will.  We switched it when we were there when we were in our meeting with Valeria.  Even though the ceremony is short, my guests still spent about an hour or a little more on the beach.  The ceremony started at 4, but they were told to make their way there about 10-15 minutes earlier.  The ceremony is about 20 minutes or so, then everyone will greet you and get champagne.  After that, we did group and family pictures on the beach, before heading to the gazebo at 5.

           

          **Would you recommend the Mexican Trio over the Caribbean Trio??

          We didn't see the Caribbean Trio so I can't really speak for them, but the Mexican trio was great!  Valeria said the Caribean trio is a little slower paced, more of an island feel.  I wanted to do the Mexican trio because my guests came to a wedding in Mexico.  I liked the idea of giving a little local flavor so to speak.

           

           

          Dinner was fantastic but slow. Valeria told me initially the dinner would take about an hour leaving 2 for dancing and other stuff, but it ended up taking more like 2 hours. **We only have 14 guest (including bride and groom) - do you think the dinner will take longer than 1 hour? We have rented the resort Sound System for 2 hours for the dinner reception, but I'm worried that won't be enough time. That being said, if you think the Big Jambox will be loud enough, we'd happily go with that option (save money AND have a cool speaker to take home)! :) We are having a big reception once we return home, so I don't think anyone will get too crazy at SMB... LOL

           

          Well it didn't sound like that was typical and they did correct the situation.  We did have plated service and I gave my guests options, so that may have contributed to the confusion or whatever slowed things down.  I'm not sure.  Of course, if you get the jambox you won't really have to worry :-)



          #1855 CriCri

          CriCri
          • Jr. Member
          • 225 posts

            Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

            Originally Posted by KCDawn 

            I'm back!!! It was absolutely amazing! We had 36 guests and all of them were so impressed. We had the best time and Valeria and her staff did an incredible job!  I will post pictures when I get a chance.  In the meantime I wrote down some post-wedding thoughts and notes for all you future brides.  I know every little bit of info I got from this site was a huge help.  Especially when you’re planning a wedding at a place you’ve never seen in person.

             

             

            Welcome back!! We missed you in these days :-D

            I have read your review in a few minutes and with the smile in my face, I'm absolutley sure that SMB has a perfect atmosphere for the wedding.

            I'm happy you have been satisfy of your decision to move the wedding to the beach and I'm wainting for some pictures.

            Have you been in the old mansion?

            I hope you will remain with us also after the wedding, a lot of girls need your help.

            A big hug

            Cri



            #1856 KCDawn

            KCDawn
            • Site Supporter
            • 242 posts

              Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

              Originally Posted by CriCri 

               

              Welcome back!! We missed you in these days :-D

              I have read your review in a few minutes and with the smile in my face, I'm absolutley sure that SMB has a perfect atmosphere for the wedding.

              I'm happy you have been satisfy of your decision to move the wedding to the beach and I'm wainting for some pictures.

              Have you been in the old mansion?

              I hope you will remain with us also after the wedding, a lot of girls need your help.

              A big hug

              Cri

              Awe Thanks Cri!!  It was awesome.  I want to go back already!  Unfortunately I didn't get to the mansion.  I really wanted pictures there but we just didn't have enough time.  I was late getting ready  and we did the first look pictures which was really cool.  I'll stick around for sure.  I got so much benefit from this site.  I owe it to those ladies to pass it forward!



              #1857 beachbride2013

              beachbride2013
              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

                KC Dawn, I can't wait to see photos!!

                 

                Just FYI for the $300 limit- we did get searched at the airport and nobody asked us how much our stuff cost. We had a ton of stuff too. They just looked through our bags and didn't want to spend the time looking through the boxes so we didn't even have to open everything.



                #1858 msop04

                msop04
                • Newbie
                • 64 posts

                  Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

                  Originally Posted by KCDawn 

                  I definitely recommend the Jambox!  We paid about $300 for it, which is less than you'll spend to rent a sound system for 2 hours, plus you have an awesome little sound system to keep.  It was loud enough and it wasn't even maxed out.  It comes in a few different colors.  We got the white one, which looked nice at the wedding festivities.  We didn't purchase anything extra to use it.  I believe it comes with a cord so you can connect directly, but we used it wirelessly connecting with Blue Tooth which was great! 

                   

                  I don't think you'd have to include that in your wedding stuff total.  You're just taking your radio to the beach :)  We actually did see another couple with one lounging on the beach.

                   

                  That's AWESOME!!  I am gonna order one soon -- probably the black color though, simply so it'll match all of our stereo stuff at home...  Just out of curiosity, where did you place it during your reception??

                   

                  Thanks so much, KC!!  :)



                  #1859 KCDawn

                  KCDawn
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

                    Originally Posted by msop04 

                     

                    That's AWESOME!!  I am gonna order one soon -- probably the black color though, simply so it'll match all of our stereo stuff at home...  Just out of curiosity, where did you place it during your reception??

                     

                    Thanks so much, KC!!  :)

                     

                    During dinner we had it sitting on the same table as the guest book.  I kept my Iphone with me and controlled it from my seat.  I had a playlist so I didn't have to do much but when the dinner ran so long I was able to add songs to the playlist.  When we started dancing in the gazebo, one of my friend's husbands grabbed an empty chair and sat it on the chair right inside the gazebo against one of the pillars.  There is an outlet there in case you need one for anything.



                    #1860 KCDawn

                    KCDawn
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 242 posts

                      Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

                      So for any of you worried about not getting enough pictures...Tony just sent me the links to our pictures, all 1239 of them!!!  Now, a lot of those are the same shot with a different treatments or edits, but Holy Cow!  We had him for 3 hours!  I can't share any of them until I get the DVD but here are a few snapshots in the meantime.  There are a lot more so if you wanna see something in particular, just ask!

                       

                       

                       

                       

                       

                       

                        






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users